Time to Power Up...but what size?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerhtr

Reaction score
Hello All !

A year ago I purchased my first parker...a 1991 1801CC. I have been "fixing" it up ever since. Now has come the time to power it up !

I have asked this question to many people and gotten various answers so I thought I would come straight to the source... what size engine should I go with? I plan on getting a yamaha and am looking at either a 90 or a 115?

It will be an all-purpose boat from duck hunting, to fishing, to recreation...

Thanks for any info. and/or input.

parkerhtr

Probably would come down to cost difference for me. 25HP, 45 lbs, 9 cubes, is not a huge difference for my use, primarily inshore fishing with occasional trips along the beach. Definitely go with the 115 if cost is close, go with the 90 if the price difference hurts. I don't think you would be disapointed with either unless you want to go as fast as possible.
I have the F-90 on a 17 DLV Carolina Skiff and it's about perfect for my use.

had a 1801 in 2000 with 100 4str yam. nice and quiet ran good, should have gone with 115. 100 was on it at dealers. boat not a lite weight. loved the boat and went every where with it. have had 2 23wa since. love them parkers side note was at bay bride wed. saw a fellow in grady white ( bite me ) waving rag on end fishing rod, went over to help, hooked him up and towed him to sandy pt launch, got him to pier, good to go, got picture towin him, got to figure how to get on comp. tinmantoo bel air

parkerhtr":t6ptshut said:
what size engine should I go with? I plan on getting a yamaha and am looking at either a 90 or a 115?

Definitely the 115hp. :)

tinmantoo":2ofpzlpd said:
side note was at bay bride wed. saw a fellow in grady white ( bite me ) waving rag on end fishing rod, went over to help, hooked him up and towed him to sandy pt launch, got him to pier, good to go, got picture towin him, got to figure how to get on comp.

Email that photos to me. I'll post it for you!

Bought a 1987 1801 with a 150 Merc, 6 years of misery until I repowered this spring with a used 02 90hp Johnson. Totally out performs the Merc, sips fuel, and gets me 35mph at 4400rpm. Finally enjoying the boat.

Latest posts

Back