tire wear

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fphillips

Reaction score
I have an EZ-Loader tandem float-on trailer that supports a 23SE with a 150 4-stroke.
No T-Top. I noticed that the front tires are wearing more on the inside; the rear tires are wearing evenly. Does anyone have any insight as to why?

Thanks.

Yes. Chances are that your trailer has torsion axles or springs with no equalizers. Equalizers would distribute the weight evenly between both axles. Torsion axles support themselves. Anyways next time you hook the boat up to your truck measure the bottom of the I beam to the ground at the front and then do it at the back and let me know what the measurements are. I would imagine that you need to put more of a rise on the truck to even out the weight on both axles. What happens especially with the torsion is they dont go up and down at a 90 degree but tend to squat up and in when loaded down more than their rating. Which if you have the boat tilted down more weight is being put on that axle.

I think you are right. I have not made any measurements but I did put a level on the end of the tongue and it was level. However when I placed the level on the frame at the front tire it indicated that the trailer was angled down at that point putting more weight on the front tires. I have elevated the ball.

If you want ill send picks ....

my old boat a 26' striper on a 56 roller ez trailer w torsion axels same deal.....
It has to do with fulcrum/balance load on axels......check the position of front stansion where the winch is mounted....

if you have a scale also check tongue weight

loosen the u bolts and ever so slightly move it foward then re tighten and check weight or look to see if it balances out

I adjusted my old trailer 3x and got it perfect after two blown tires......

Good info just what I was looking for. How do you know what your tongue weight should be? I have torsion axels under my 23 ft parker the tires on the trailer all 4 are whering off on the inside. The hitch was to low we fixed that this week, but dont know if I should slide the winch stand back it is forward as far as it can go. Thanks for the help. Sean

Tongue weight is 5-7% for a boat trailer. any decent trailer shop has a scale they will usually measure it for free.

Back