Tog Fishing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primo

Reaction score
Had a fantastic blackfish day yesterday. Decided to do an afternoon trip. Got out at about 1:00 in the afternoon. Wound up limiting out with keepers. Got my biggest blackfish ever. 28 inches and 16 lbs. Also had one at 24 inches and 11 lbs. I was alone and didn't have anyone to take a picture so I used my sneaker (size 13) and a yardstick to give some perspective (The little one is 15"). But the really amazing show was the bluefin that were busting about 30 yards from the boat. I was at my favorite wreck about 3 and a 1/2 miles from shore on the Seagirt Reef (NJ). Fish well over 100 lbs were busting the surface. Looked like pianos were being dropped in the water. Tried throwing some diamond jigs at them but didn't hook up. Just as well since I didn't have the right gear with me.

Anyway, attached are a couple of pictures of the blackfish.

Attachments

• Tog 2.jpg
    Tog 2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Tog 3.jpg
    Tog 3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 243
:shock: WOW WHAT A SLOB!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! I was looking for that fish all fall, wish i knew it was down in NJ the whole time!

Thanks. If the weather and water stay this warm for another couple of weeks, the bite will stay close to shore most of the winter. :D

Nice!!!

Togs and bluefin on the same wreck????

I'm coming down! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back