Toured the Parker Plant Today

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkbateman

Reaction score
Ordered an 1801 about a month ago , and toured the plant today. I have been in several different boat manufacturing plants already , and was pleased to see how clean / organized this facility is. I had a few questions about my upcoming boat and a couple questions from people asking on this site. One person had a thread about wood under the floor not incapsulated with glass. All wood that is a part of the stringer floor system is encapsulated. The wood in question , was salt treated wood “added to hold the floor / tank / other components secure until the floor is added. It’s not part of the system.
My 1801 will have the 150 Yamaha motor , and Parker now puts the battery under console if a 150 motor is purchased at time of build , to accommodate for extra weight of motor.
fiberglass “mating” is used to make the Hull.... hence the term “hand laid”. Chopped glass is used for decking and other pieces.
The 1801 has a 40 gallon fuel tank. The Garmin is mounted on a bracket on console. No longer using combo cup / rod holders.

Last edited:
Are plant tours limited to new boat owners or are they available to the public? I would love to see the process in action.
I tried to take a Parker plant tour about three years ago when I was looking to buy a new 2520 XLD. Parker told me that they themselves don't conduct plant-tours, but that they would send my contact information to a local dealer, who would arrange and conduct a tour. I told them I would prefer a tour by one of their employees, preferably one of their engineers. They were nice/polite but said that was not how they provided tours. It was a long time before I heard back from the 'local dealer', and by the time I did hear back, I already bought an almost new 2520 XLD from a private owner.... I don't know if this is still their policy with Parker's new ownership. I would have preferred a factory tour with a Parker employee.

Are plant tours limited to new boat owners or are they available to the public? I would love to see the process in action.
I don’t know. Feel pretty sure anyone can visit. Call main number or email them and they will set up an appointment
I tried to take a Parker plant tour about three years ago when I was looking to buy a new 2520 XLD. Parker told me that they themselves don't conduct plant-tours, but that they would send my contact information to a local dealer, who would arrange and conduct a tour. I told them I would prefer a tour by one of their employees, preferably one of their engineers. They were nice/polite but said that was not how they provided tours. It was a long time before I heard back from the 'local dealer', and by the time I did hear back, I already bought an almost new 2520 XLD from a private owner.... I don't know if this is still their policy with Parker's new ownership. I would have preferred a factory tour with a Parker employee.
i didn’t have any resistance at all. I just called emailed them , a Sale rep called back with a time / date , and I showed up. Was showed around by the plant mgr.

Yeah noticed the cupholder change on my 21 1801. Much rather have the combo.

BTW, what's the wait time? My buddy ordered a 1801 in July and he's looking at late November. Rick

Yeah noticed the cupholder change on my 21 1801. Much rather have the combo.

BTW, what's the wait time? My buddy ordered a 1801 in July and he's looking at late November. Rick
I ordered mine about three or four weeks ago and they are saying January

I saw 2 ice blue ones and 1 white one. The white one was almost finished. 1 blue one didn’t have floor glassed yet , and the other didn’t have top cap / gunwales installed yet

I ordered Abaco Green also , it may be in there , and I not noticed it. Don’t break his spirit , lol

Ordered an 1801 about a month ago , and toured the plant today. I have been in several different boat manufacturing plants already , and was pleased to see how clean / organized this facility is. I had a few questions about my upcoming boat and a couple questions from people asking on this site. One person had a thread about wood under the floor not incapsulated with glass. All wood that is a part of the stringer floor system is encapsulated. The wood in question , was salt treated wood “added to hold the floor / tank / other components secure until the floor is added. It’s not part of the system.
My 1801 will have the 150 Yamaha motor , and Parker now puts the battery under console if a 150 motor is purchased at time of build , to accommodate for extra weight of motor.
fiberglass “mating” is used to make the Hull.... hence the term “hand laid”. Chopped glass is used for decking and other pieces.
The 1801 has a 40 gallon fuel tank. The Garmin is mounted on a bracket on console. No longer using combo cup / rod holders.
Did you happen to notice where they are locating the battery selector switch? I ordered the same boat with the 150 and was concerned about the battery location. Glad to hear about battery being installed under console. Thanks.

Did you happen to notice where they are locating the battery selector switch? I ordered the same boat with the 150 and was concerned about the battery location. Glad to hear about battery being installed under console. Thanks.
Yes .... the switch stays at the same location in the back of the boat front side of seat on starboard side. I asked the same thing !!

Ordered our 1801cc September 1. Got word from the dealer that it shipping to the west coast November 6. I am happy to read this post that Parker is still building quality boats.

Back