Towing 2310 WA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swartj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a 2310 WA but am a little concerned about the towing weight. I have a Chevy Avalanche 4X4, 5.3L V8 with a 3.73 rearend and the towing package.

When I look at the weight of the boat, motor, fuel, gear and trailer it starts to get around 7800lbs. I hear the issue is stopping power not pulling power.

I plan on keeping the boat at a marina storage lot so I will mainly be towing a very short distance to the ramp. However, I may want to go to other places in MD (i.e. Solomons, Pt. Lookout, etc) and I would want to take it to OC for the vacation in the summer.

Do I have enough truck? Is there anything I should do it? Would brakes on each trailer axle help?

swartj":1ngza2fk said:
Do I have enough truck? Is there anything I should do it? Would brakes on each trailer axle help?

I'm no expert... :)
But I believe you have enough truck for the boat.

As for the brakes... Are they on all of the axles... and are they in good shape?

Trailer brakes have been discussed here a good bit, so you might want to make use of the search function, and check out the projects already done by other members. :wink:

BTW - Welcome aboard! :D

I tow my 2510 with a F150, 5.4 Triton. I only tow it a few times a year and just take my time. My trailer has breaks on all axles and I have never had a problem, I do leave plenty of room. My typical trip is 15-20 miles.

How long is your ride to Solomons and Point Lookout? I think your truck can handle just take it easy.There will be no such thing as a fast stop.

Back