trailer for 21 cc dv

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bemidji60

Reaction score
any ideas on trailer for a 21 cc dv prices and brands cover a wide array confusing never trailering more then ten miles thanks

Well Do Not buy a Magic Tilt They still equip them with Bearing Buddies ['1960's tech] instead of Posi-Lube spindles. Sure Lube is another name for Posi-Lube.

bemidji60":guf07qv2 said:
any ideas on trailer for a 21 cc dv prices and brands cover a wide array confusing never trailering more then ten miles thanks

All the trailers available now-a-days are pretty good. There are some better than other (the best being Rolls, Owens and Sons, Real Xtreme) but all are good.

Do you want roller or bunks? In the NE or NW where you have REALLY extreme tidal amplitudes, a roller might be a better choice especially when retrieving/launching at a low tide.

I prefer a bunk trailers for several reasons (better support, faster loading)

Plan to spend $3500-4000 for a new aluminum bunk trailer with twin axles and a single set of SS brakes

Get a FULL length trailer. You want a trailer that the Frame rails stop at the transom.....or within a few inches.

Not cantlevered bunks that are 18in out past the rear crossmember.....What does that mean?

Buy a larger trailer. When I had my 23 Mako...I had a trailer for a 25-27ft boat.....It fits as I described.

warthog5":2f4tv7g4 said:
Get a FULL length trailer. You want a trailer that the Frame rails stop at the transom.....or within a few inches.

Not cantlevered bunks that are 18in out past the rear crossmember.....What does that mean?

Buy a larger trailer. When I had my 23 Mako...I had a trailer for a 25-27ft boat.....It fits as I described.

Fewer than 5% of the trailers made today are in the configuration you describe. Rolls as well as Owens and Sons (considered to be the finest trailers available) are not configured in this manner. For good reason, the overwhelming majority of trailer manufacturers build a trailer with the bunks extending 1-2ft past the aluminum frame.

To extend the frame rails the full length of the boat will add significant cost and provide minimal benefit.

Other reasons........The longer trailer handles better......The longer trailer helps keep the tow vehicle out of the water at particular tides.

I'd agree it depends where you are located and what amount of trailering you might want to do? If you will truly never go more than 10 or so miles, a top notch trailer may not be a worthy investment. At the same time, I was able to find a used owens on craigslist for $1700 that works perfectly for my 2110 (same hull). Needed a little adjustment, but nothing major.

Back