Trailer Guide Ons

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericski13

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has any suggestions for a heavy duty guide on for a 2320 Parker trailer with rollers. I see allot of PVC ones on the market but I am thinking the boat will be too heavy. I have a load rite elite roller trailer.

Check out guides that are metal pipes or tubes that have round PVC pipes over them. My trailer came with guides like this. The PVC cushions contact and allows the hull to "roll" onto the trailer. My boats at the storage yard, but I'll post pics after I my make my weekly visit.

Sometimes you just have to have them fabricated to get what you want.

Like these:

100_2565.jpg

Thank you. I've seen ones with square tube that the round PVC fits over. Do you have to weld them or do the U brackets hold them on tight enough?

ericski13":296mi8c0 said:
Thank you. I've seen ones with square tube that the round PVC fits over. Do you have to weld them or do the U brackets hold them on tight enough?

Mine are U- bolted on. I check 'em during/as part of spring prep. Mine have loosened up on long trips, but no big deal.

I have the horizontal guides on another boat and like 'em. You gotta load the boat so the hull doesn't touch the guides when sitting on the trailer, or you risk rubbing through the gelcoat. Ask me how I know. I've seen alot of Pacific trailers with horizontal guides.

The thing I Don't like about
horizontal guides
is not being able to clean the hull easy.

There are no guides on the Trailer that the Parker goes on. It's a learning curve, but with the trailer adjusted correctly and set in the water correctly [That's important not to have it to deep.] I just drive her right on up on the trailer. I leave power to it until the winch strap is tightened up. Then shut it down.

If the trailer is to deep the Ass end will float around and not be square on the trailer.

Something to shoot at......

Back the trailer in and get ALL the bunks wet. Then pull forward enough that 3ft of the forward part of the rear main bunks is exposed out of the water. Drive up and hit the Forward Keel bunks or [Target Bunks] as I saw someone call them. Once the Stem hit's the center you can power up. But it needs to be done in a fluid motion if it's windy especially.

I have the square pipe all the way up with the PVC which spins loose. (These cost more than the short pipe version) They work like a charm. They loosen up from time to time and all you do is crank the 4 bolts down and problem solved. I put in alot by myself and with the angle of the ramp, the wind/current this was money well spent. real easy to install, all of about 20 minutes alone.

I made heavy-duty ones for our landing craft. I used 3" wide, 2" leg, 3/16" steel channel, and wooden bunks with carpet.
They work pretty well, and we used a cold-galvanizing paint that's holding up well.

Back