Trailer Lights - fun with PVC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sick of dealing with bad grounds and such, I decided to elevate my trailer lights on PCV posts and run a dedicated ground line to each. The PVC was hammered down the guide-on posts and the bolted with existing hardware.

Attachments

• PVC.jpg
    PVC.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 754
Megabyte":81b6ha8m said:
Perfect! 8)

Not quite according to my friend who is a Trooper :(

The plate light is not strong enough to light the plate where I want to on outside of the board on the standoff. I moved it up under the light on the PVC and this is just looking to scratch up my hull. (sorry, no pics)

Here is what I want to do now... keep the lights where they are but move the plate back to the bottom of the trailer and install a dedicated plate light which will get dunked. Swapping out one light if it goes is a lot better than dealing with the whole system. Any thoughts? Any idea what kind of light to use and where to get it? Sealed LED probably.

Great idea. great job !!!
Keep in mind that some states have regs about how high the brake lights can be for different vehicles and trailers.....so check with your states DMV first.

Back