trailer lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Matt

Reaction score
Well I smashed one of my trailer lights and purchased a set of LED's. I have a 5-Starr trailer and now wonder if I'm getting in over my head. My question is, how difficult is it to feed or string the wires through the trailer to rewire it? My wires are all encased inside the trailer frame and after looking at it I'm considering just replacing the broken light and the hell with the LED's. Any advice?

Matt,

LED lights should use the same wires as standard bulb lights, so if rewiring is an issue you don't need to return the LEDs.

If you want to replace the wires on the trailer I recommend securely taping the new wires to the old ones and then pulling the other end of the old wire until the new wire appears.

Hope that helps,
Gary

Yes it does. Thank you. I decided to rewire the whole thing and I ordered my harness. I've already run separate ground wires up both sides to the tongue and I should be all set in a few days. Thanks again.

I used an old orange extension cord as my Load Right trailer had several shorts directly off the lot. This provides protection for the conductors. Pulling end to end was fine, but connecting the marker lights sucked. 8)

I agree. Yes it does. Well I got my harness today and am about half way done. Rain came and changed my plans. I should be done tomorrow. What a pain in the ass!

Well I finished that project last weekend. It stunk chasing light problems but it wasn't difficult. Just time consuming. I basically rewired part of it twice because my right brake and turn signal wouldn't work. After beating my head and throwing a few wrenches I found that I blew a 10 amp fuse under the hood. What an idiot. Lesson learned.

Back