trailer question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captv

Reaction score
New parker own here. I currently own a 2520xl and it is on a trailer. The trailer is clearly not the right one for the bot. does anyone have a recommendations for brands of trailers i should look into. I want a bunk trailer.

thanks in advance

jeff

I was not blown away with the quality of Load Rite. The last one that I owned had several electrical issues right off the dealer lot. Loose wires shorting on frame, pinched wires under lights shorting. I re-wired it within two weeks, and the factory refused to send a new wiring harness. The brakes lasted about three years as well ...

I just bought a new WESCO from Columbia SC they did a Great job. They do not sell direct you will have to go through a dealer, but they will help you spec what you want. Call Jerry Diggs @ 8037941213

I just bought a Nextrail for my 2120. Very happy with it thus far. All aluminum with bunks. Best price I could find delivered to my house.

Stee

Of all the trailers I've owned (list below), Load Rite has consistently been the best quality. But those were late 80s and early 90s galvanized roller models, now ones might not be as good.

- Two older Load Rites as mentioned above.
- Two older galvanized roller EZ-Loaders One 1976 and one 1982. About on par with the Load Rite.
- 2005 galvanized roller Sea Lion. Appears to be a descent "middle of the road" trailer.
- 2006 Hi-Tech Marine AL bunk. Nice trailer.
- 2005 Loadmaster AL bunk. Yuck...

Whatever you do, don't let the trailer guy sell you too light a trailer.
A 2520XL should at the least sit on a 10,000# gvw tandem axle trailer.

Ask GW204 how I know this. :wink:

Latest posts

Back