Trailer Question.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flydoc

Reaction score
Went to pick-up my boat. Had the marina I bought it from dewinterize her and run her up. It is a new to me 1999 1801.

I noticed that the bottom paint and fiberglass were scraped where the bow ends and the keel begins below the water line(on the lower and forward most part of the hull) It looks as if it rubbed against the trailer :cry: .
I pointed it out to the marina guy who confirmed that this was happening. The marina is fixing the fiberglass and bottom paint. My question is how can I prevent this? :?:

Is it a roller position problem. It is the trailer that has been with this boat from the onset. I didn't see any bottom damage when I bought it. Can a roller or guard be placed where the boat rubs on the galvanized plate?(ouch).

I'll try to post a picture later.

All I can tell you if it was a brand new boat I'd need a prozac now.

Not a Parker, but even with the slippery plastic pad mine used to grind off gel coat (as witnessed by the patch on the keel). Bought a roller and put in behind the beam. Didn't always help there, so I moved it in front of the beam. Didn't always help there so I bought a second roller. Problem solved.
IMG_1112.jpg

41907001jr4.jpg

This is what the boat looked like on the trailer yesterday.
I think i'll place rollers and a rubber guard where the problem is occurring.

you can see where the nose of the boat rides close to the trailer bracket.

Porkchunker":lbo0eksy said:
You've gotta love this site!!!! Someone always has a good solution for a problem. :D :D :D

And with a photo too!
You rock Nick! 8)

Boat was repaired after a chip was noted prior to delivery and I installed the roller shown above.
Now after the last several outing I notice that the hull is chipping at the repair site. I have not run aground nor has there been any problem trailering. I believe that there is too much weight on the roller and will drop it an inch if possible.

Any ideas?
jpt72207002vk0.jpg

Your trailer should be adjustable. What really needs to happen is the front set of main rollers need to be up higher to lift the bow away from the frame. Then the winch needs to be raised as well.

Look where the front crossmember meets the frame rails and/or where the roller bracket mount to the front crossmember. That's where your adjustment points will be.

Should be a simple fix that you could perform with the boat still on the trailer. Just need a few cinder blocks, some scrap pieces of wood, a floor jack and some wrenches. :)

The small bow roller is a good idea, but not a complete solution.

Back