Trailers for 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Sr

Reaction score
For all you guys that use trailers do you use bunk or roller trailers.Is one better for the amount of weight it carries?Looking for suggestions on trailer options.I'll need an 8000lb trailer.

Hey mark it's Sam I went with a load right I'd have to look it up again but a101 wide bunk not a rollor only because the height and width of it but it trailers we'll with what I had the venture trailers are cheap but u get what you pay for.Other wise how's is she running and did u have a good year?I can get u the model if u want?

When I bought my boat it was sitting on a 10,500# galvanized roller trailer with drum brakes... everything I didn't want, so I sold it.

I wet slip mine so no trailer now, but if I bought one today it would be a 10,500# aluminum with bunks (including keel bunks), all stainless hardware, disc brakes on both axles (electric over hydraulic possibly), and all LED lighting with ground wires that run all the way back to the coupler plug (no chassis grounds).

Be very careful putting a 2520 on an 8,000# trailer. These boats are heavier than you think.

FWIW, my tuna buddies, who trailer every weekend to the port where the tuna bite is on ... have upgraded to expen$ive Kodiak SS brake/components ... only to find out that they too don't work after a season or two.

Lesson learned? If you need braking on a trailer for a boat like a heavy Parker ... buy a BIGGER tow vehicle!

Our 2520 has a single engine with modified V hull, Very happy with our custom bunk trailer built here in Florida. The trailer also supports the keel and we did get it at 10,000lb rating which is just right! Seems to me that more trailers up north are roller but down here you will rarely see one except under a sail boat. Have also seen to many guys buy a 8,000lb trailer just to find out it was not enough, and then it really got expensive.

Attachments

• P1010260.JPG
    P1010260.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 345
Back