Transducer GT51M-TH

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captcooper

Reaction score
Does anyone have first hand experience with the Garmin GT51M thru hull transducer mounted on the center keel pad with no fairing block in front of a single outboard on a bracket? This location would be about 5 ft ahead of the prop and these new transducers seem pretty low profile without a fairing block. About to drill the 1" hole that could always be filled but someone surely has done this install?
Parker is no help, they have not responded to emails??
Boat is 2300 DVCC with Armstrong bracket and Yamaha F300 w/ Rev 4 prop. I know this is the best setup for Chirp but what about effect on prop / performance? Hate to mess with perfection.
Thanks all.

Attachments

• GAR010-01966-10-2T.jpg
    GAR010-01966-10-2T.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 74
I have one on my 2810. Seems to work fine. At high speeds it is not that detailed but normal conditions work fine! After about 1000 feet it doesn’t show bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.....Last one I did....I installed like that.. Works Very well.

It's actually a optimum situation for it.

Thanks for replies,
My concern is the effect on prop performance or loss of? Garmin specifically states "On single-drive boats, the transducer must not be mounted in the path of the propeller. The transducer can cause cavitation that can degrade the performance of the boat and damage the propeller."
Anyone?

That's where I have mine mounted. If it affected my boats performance I didn't notice it. I have about 100hrs on the boat since it was installed there.

I have a 2320 so I assume it's the exact same hull your talking about.

I installed this unit along witha b175 on my regulator. I removed the factory tducer in center and replaced with this. I cut the fairing block in a v from front to back and put half outside boat on bottom in center and other part inside. It worked perfect, and works perfect very happy with both. Only drawback it hangs down a bit right in center of boat.

Jacktyler820":yjb6s4qj said:
I installed this unit along witha b175 on my regulator. I removed the factory tducer in center and replaced with this. I cut the fairing block in a v from front to back and put half outside boat on bottom in center and other part inside. It worked perfect, and works perfect very happy with both. Only drawback it hangs down a bit right in center of boat.

I take it you have No Flat spot on the Keel?

If you do?.....You can eliminate the fairing block all together.

warthog5":zfwvtjwd said:
Jacktyler820":zfwvtjwd said:

I take it you have No Flat spot on the Keel?

If you do?.....You can eliminate the fairing block all together.

No so i put on vee, the other option was to buy the double transducer and i didnt feel like spending any more money,besides i had to cove pocket where my original transducer was.

Back