transducer mount question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodytoo

Reaction score
hi all - i have a lowrance lcx-18c that i am using primarily as a sounder, with a transom mount skimmer transducer. the transducer is connected to the mounting bracket with a thru bolt and some "ratchet-lock" plastic pieces and a rubber washers. the issue i have is the plastic pieces and rubber washers are in terrible shape (rubber parts distorted and it looks like i am missing one of the plastic pieces. it looks like someone really screwed the pooch installing it.

question .... anyone have sources for tranducer mounting parts? I have written the lowrance after market accessory folks but have had no response.

thanks for the assist .... bo

If your 'ducer looks like this I might have the stuff to mount it, but I won't know for sure until March 1. If you don't have any luck by then, shoot me an e.
IMG_0825.jpg

hey jeffnick thanks for the offer. i may take you up on it if i can not find anything around here. yes my mount is similar to yours, i will have to get a pic this weekend. do you see the plastic shim looking pieces between the ducer and the mount? that is what i need to replace. i also need to replace the washers on the outside as well, but that should not be an issue.

anyone else run into this?

thanks - bo

Here is a pic of how my transducer is mounted on a starboard plate. The plate is permanently mounted with 5200 in the screw holes. Many transducers can come/go without ever punching another hole in the transom.

newfolder_030_small_148.jpg

i like the mounting block idea porkchunker. luckily though, i dont have to mess with the mount itself.

after 3 weeks asking, i finally got an answer from the lowrance accessories folks lei-lowrance or something like that. they have all the mounting hardware that i need for a whopping 8.95. i will cut the order this weekend.

bo

Back