TRANSDUCER RECOMMENDATION

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimH

Reaction score
I want to replace my Lowrance transducer with an Airmar and I'm unsure of which one to go with...I've got a 2006 2320 SC, LCX-111C, and I primarily fish the Narragansett bay in water depths ranging from 10 - 70 ft... Been checking out the specs on the P66, B60, B164, B260, & the M260... Cost isn't a factor but I don't want to spend money on a unit that is overkill for where I fish... My main concern is that I'm using the unit in shallow water and I want to get one that has good 200K beam width that performs well in shallow water... Is a 1K watt transducer over kill? I appreciated the recommendations!

JimH

"Is 1000 watt transducer overkill" I think the transducer has to match the output of depthfinder. For up to 200' or so, I would think 500 watts would be plenty at either 50 or 200.

I fish MOL the same depths as you (have the same hull) and could not be more satisified with Airmar tilted element ducer (available in 500 or 1000w).

For the depths you're fishing, I don't believe that you need a 1000 watt transducer, but that's just me.
I have the Airmar "Tilted Element" through-hull transducer attached to my Furuno FCV600L and I'm very pleased with it.

Image-DD7D6FE00D5C11DC.jpg

Excellent prices can be found here:
http://www.byownerelectronics.com/store ... rch&page=1

I agree with the above post, I think a 600 watt unit will serve you well. I installed the Airmar P66 "shot-thru" unit in the same location that Megabyte installed his. I use it in water as depp as 120' and I am very pleased with its performance. The best part about the shoot-thru is how well it reads the bottom while I'm running. See my post in the "Fishing" forum titled "Grouper Digging NC style" and you'll see some pics of my Furuno unit connected to the Airmar P-66.

Man, that looks like a showroom bilge....what would Freud say ?

Harpoon":1kod5vsk said:
Man, that looks like a showroom bilge....what would Freud say ?

He might say... it's a 1996 model and you should have seen it when I bought her.
Oy was it disgusting! :D

Back