Transom Bracket Repair

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all.... First time Parker owner here, fourth boat. I recently purchased a used 23 DVCC. The previous owner had a kicker motor installed and the bracket was not originally molded to accept a kicker. The kicker was installed using a stainless bracket. I removed the mounting plate and discovered a fair amount of corrosion but nothing too serious. I have scraped away the crude and now have bare metal. I'm guessing it's aluminum and that's why I got some corrosion due to dissimilar metals being in contact with one another. Does anyone know what I should repaint the repaired area with? I will be leaving the stainless bracket underneath as it has a stainless arm that goes back to the transom to support where the kicker motor mount was located. I will use nylon washers to separate the bottom plate and the transom and then reinstall bolts to cover the holes. Any help, thoughts, comments are much appreciated.

If its an Armstrong you can get the paint right from them. Not sure how much you need plus priming may be needed.

Back