Transom fish box size reduction?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckbutler

Reaction score
I have a new, to me, 2011 2520xl. I really like the full transom fish box but now in the Chesapeake the fish are smaller. I have placed two 4 gal square buckets in the box one each inside of the inserts that are in the two outside access boxes (that lift out..) They partially block the access to under the inserts.. Ice still flows through there.. I put beer in one bucket and non acl drinks in the other. Basically I am looking to make the fish box smaller.. the size of the main back to back hatches in the center. This would be temporary just for the summer.. some type of insert? Or maybe some foam between the outer walls of the 4 gal buckets?? Wish I was good at posting pics.. would be worth a 1000 words. Thanks for your thoughts!

A foam block in the middle to still have access to each side with floaty noodles to wedge in the block could do it.
I have also seen 2"or 3" foam insulation sheets cut to shape and make nice dividers in boxes on large boats.

Back