Tree/stump removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray duck

Reaction score
So I had this monster 2520 in the driveway and the HOA letters and warnings coming rapidfire about all the rules. And my house isn't big but it fills a narrow lot so getting the boat in the backyard wasn't possible. So I was going to try to get it at least alongside the house and that meant cutting down a black walnut tree and getting rid of the stump. Cutting it down was easy. But that stump and I fought it out over the weekend.
2uxy2c1.jpg

You can just see the stump to the right of that tree in the background just behind the azalea. Looks small, right?
Enter the mighty Terramite!
snfpg0.jpg

This stump was tough! I dug around it with the little backhoe but it didn't even shudder. So I had to dig with a shovel around the roots and then cut them with the chainsaw - this by the way is the fastest way to dull your chain. Then more playtime with the terramite - careful application of force so as not to blow the hydraulics - AND finally I saw just a little movement and I knew I had that sucker!
351aie1.jpg

Not so small out of the ground.
Big hole to fill:
2vci8hy.jpg

Grassed in:
24ebcdz.jpg

Tucked in:
16icz00.jpg

14k858p.jpg

I couldn't sell the idea to my wife that the boat blended in with the house because of the similar colors. Go figure...?

Stumps can be decieving..I have removed a few for friends with my small New Holland tractor with a 9' hoe and it makes a big mess. Most of the time better off with a stump grinder if in a yard.

Looks good by the house does blend. :D

Nice job.

I hate removing stumps. Aside from the chainsaw and shovel, my favorite tools to use are an old piece of anchor chain and a Jeep. I do some digging, some cutting, put it in "stump mode" (aka 4-LO) and pull... :lol:

Nice job!
I think the boat blends in very well with the house. :)

Chain saw chains and earth... are instant death to the chains.

You should see some of the 'demolition' chains we use to open a roof during a house fire. :shock:
Depending on the composition of the roof, in some cases, the chains are toast with a single use.
At that point, those chains become a $200 'consumable' item. :(

You have your priorities spot on!!! make things in our life fit to our boats, not our boats fitting into our lives.

danielb":2kbxxuf9 said:
shoulda left the hole, filled with water and stocked it so you could fish from the trailered boat till the season started, maybe a swimming hole too.
Done a couple of stumps and you had buite there, hope you got a fire place.

Or...install an aerator pump and turn it into a bait tank. :D :D :D

Dave

aka

I would love to have a roof over the boat. I pitched the idea of an upstairs addition and huge downstairs boatshed to my trouble and strife.... no swing.

Back