trim tab help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passingwindII

Reaction score
i have a 2520 scdv my trim tab actuator broke from being lifted from water to dry storage. from what i see the hydralic(sp) line also broke. the boat is a 1990 with 12x12 im thinking there lenco tabs with twin 150 4 stroke. the marina is taking some resposbility. is it now time for larger tabs ? or repplace the actuator? whats involved. ty

passingwindII":1sxe1ode said:
i have a 2520 scdv my trim tab actuator broke from being lifted from water to dry storage. from what i see the hydralic(sp) line also broke. the boat is a 1990 with 12x12 im thinking there lenco tabs with twin 150 4 stroke.

If your tabs are hydraulic, they aren't Lencos. Lencos are electric.

Parker has used different brands of tabs over the years. My 1996 model came with a set of Boat Leveler hydraulics...
If you look for the Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU), it should show the maker of your tabs.

passingwindII":1sxe1ode said:
the marina is taking some resposbility. is it now time for larger tabs ? or repplace the actuator? whats involved. ty

You can probably get away with replacing the damaged part, but if you do some browsing in the projects forum, you will find that everyone who has upgraded to larger tabs has been more than pleased.

I doubt that your marina would spring for the cost of replacing your tabs with larger ones, but they might pay for a portion that would equal the cost of the repair parts. The rest of the cost would be on your dime.

A worthwhile upgrade in my opinion, but the ultimate decision will be up to you.
Good luck with whatever you decide!

i did find out that lenco was electric and there not bennett my marina is going to replace the actuator with a bennett i was considering on an upgrade but will wait for the winter. Its just to nice out to be messing around with that stuff. But thanks for your input MEGABYTE

Latest posts

Back