TRIM TABS OR PERATRIM

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J V

Reaction score
I HAVE A 20 FT CAPEHORN . I HAVE TROUBLE KEEPING THE BOW DOWN IN ROUGH SEAS. I HAVE TO TRIM MY MOTOR IN I WANT TO BEABLE TO TRIM THE MOTOR IN LESS AND KEEP THE BOW DOWN THE GAS THAT I SAVE WILL PAY FOR THEM PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO PERATRIM OR TABS THANKS.

I just put permatrims on twin Yamaha 150, will head out for three days next Friday, once I used with the new set up will post the results, I expect them to make our boat 100% better, hope I am not bummed !

Both. On my 2120 the trim tabs seem to be a lot more sensitive and more reactive with the hydrofoil. All in all better performance in general with both. The differance in boat handling was tremendous.

Do you already have tabs? If not, then the first recommendation is to add tabs to the boat.

If you have tabs, you can either replace them with bigger tabs, or add the permatrim to make the existing (smallish) tabs much more sensitive (which is what I did).

Dave

aka

WHAT TYPE OF TABS TO USE ELEC OR HYDRO ALSO WHAT SIZE. I WAS THINKING OF A 12 BY 24 LENCO. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE EDGE TABS WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE FLAT TABS.THANKS

Electric versus hydraulic is a personal decision, but here is what Bennett says about the comparison.
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/trim_tab_comparison.htm

You have a choice between Bennett M80 or M120 Sport Tabs on a 20' boat.
I'd recommend the M120's if you have the room for them.
http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/m80120.htm

mout.jpg

J V":1duxzk9u said:
WHAT TYPE OF TABS TO USE ELEC OR HYDRO ALSO WHAT SIZE. I WAS THINKING OF A 12 BY 24 LENCO. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE EDGE TABS WOULD BE BETTER THAN THE FLAT TABS.THANKS

IMHO 12x24's are overkill on that boat. I put 9x24's on my 2520 this winter and they are more than enough, 9x18's would probably have done the trick. Go with the M120's as Capn kevin suggests.

Back