trim tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOUTHWINS

Reaction score
just put new tabs on 18 x 12
thinking about raising my motor up 1 hole and adding permatrim

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 440
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 440
Looks good. I see you went with the 18”x12” instead of the 12x18” so you didn’t have to move your actuators. Post how they work out. As for the Permatrim, you probably know I’m a fan. My question to you is, has your 2120 ever been prone to porpoise when running higher RPM’s and some trim? That was one of my issues. I think my motor was one hole from the lowest and I raised it all the way up. I did this, the tabs and the Permatrim all at the same time so I was unable to test what each had contiributed to the change. My proposing problem was fixed and I’m happy overall but I have had some thoughts about lowering the engine down 1 hole? You loose some bow control when trimming when you have the Permatrim riding on the top. I would absolutely put a Permatrim on it but consider putting the motor at least 1 hole from the highest setting. By the way, the Permatrim also helped slow speed wandering and made the boat track straighter. Nice job on the tabs!

should be in the water next month i will let you know how they work,still thing of lifting the motor 1 hole up

Raising the motor would be my first option. It's also the easiest to do.

SOUTHWINS":2kzlb5uq said:
should be in the water next month i will let you know how they work,still thing of lifting the motor 1 hole up
I just raised my motor on my 2530 ..all the difference in the world..i had 1 hole showing on top and went with 2 now...i now get on plane instantly

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Back