Trim Tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zbrown919

Reaction score
My new Parker came with trim tabs which is been a great addition! However my neighbor pointed out that the rear bunks on my trailer sit directly up underneath the trim tabs. He states that this is an issue and I need to have them adjusted. I called the dealership where I bought the boat and they said that all new Parkers are coming like that with the rear bunks sitting directly below the trim tabs. Do any of y’all have any experience with this be it good or bad? I want to trust the dealership but at the same time if this is something I need to be worried about I would like to get them adjusted.

I will say that my boat does automatically reset the trim tabs when I turn it off so there’s very little risk if any that I trailer it with them deployed. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you describe it should be pretty much sailor-proof. If you drive it on the tailer during recovery......that would be the only way to damage them if not fully retracted. My question is....... are the trim tabs recessed in a pocket or do they extend out past the transom. If past the transom then trim the bunks, if not then no action required.

What Jim said....But ...If extended past......I'd unbolt the bunks and slid them forward, as opposed to cutting them.

I’ve got it in dry storage right now. I’ll be trailering it in a couple weeks to get some service done and will snap some then.

Thanks everyone for the responses!!

I installed a switch on the power wire for my trim tabs so I can have them auto-retract without turning off the boat. I make it a point to switch them off (auto-retract) before going on the trailer. My bunks sit directly in line with the trim tabs and extend past the transom a few inches too. A switch was my solution. So far no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WestCoastNut":wwe3x9pf said:
I installed a switch on the power wire for my trim tabs so I can have them auto-retract without turning off the boat. I make it a point to switch them off (auto-retract) before going on the trailer. My bunks sit directly in line with the trim tabs and extend past the transom a few inches too. A switch was my solution. So far no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great idea. Mine are older without auto-retract. Fortunately, my bunks stop shy of the transom because I always power on the trailer. I would have to move or adjust the bunks if if mine were to long because sure as hell I would forget to hit that switch one time. That’s just being honest with my forgetful self though. The switch is a great option/idea however.

As promised. I just pulled my boat out to prep for the storm. I clearly need to tighten my guide rods but the trim tabs are right on the bunks. There’s a little lip that sticks up that sits just inside them.
322aab15b1bf3610f208aaa79f4186cb.jpg
ff2886bfb4fa18c96dc372c02c199e62.jpg
4b74af905921625fb788d70143cb7812.jpg

7df92c2180fd63f87febc4ecee1a71ed.jpg
56875ea22e85adc843fc2ab054d4d7db.jpg

Yea, I think I would make some type of modification to the bunks. Most people typically drive the boat onto the trailer with bunks. If you forget to raise the tabs you are gong to damage them. The auto retract is great for dry rack storage and stopping the fork lifts from getting them but not so much for drive on.

Back