Trim Tabs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theibis

Reaction score
I'm looking into installing tim tabs on my 21SE. The dealer carries the Lenco product. Any feedback on these tabs would be appreciated.

I have had Lenco's on my last two boats for 8 years or so with 0 problems.
Do a search, much has been covered here on this topic.

I have factory Lencos on my 2000 21 SE. I've had to replace both actuators in the last two years but it's about a 15 minute operation and I found new ones online pretty cheap.

Some have posted getting free replacement parts from Lenco beyond their standard warranty. If anyone gets tired of fooling with electric tabs, change over to Bennett and be done with it.

I ordered my Parker delete tabs so I could start out with Bennett.

A little known fact. If Bennetts fail in the full down position, they will automatically raise up. Lencos, by design, cannot do this. Imagine running in an inlet with tabs fully deployed. :shock: As Hoyt would say..."Not Too Good"

Lenco's installed on my 21se for four years with zero problems. Boat is kept on a trailer and never kept in a slip. I had Bennett's on my last boat for 8 years with zero problems as well.

So the only faught I can find, if you want to call it that, would be that the Bennett's react slower then the Lenco's.

Bucktail

Lencos are on my 21SE. No problems yet, but my boat is on a lift. With that said, the spot-welds are showing signs of, well, let's say decay.

I had Lencos on my last boat. Kept in the water full time, I replaced two actuators in three years. They were under warranty and Lenco sent me replacements immediately w/no problem. Also, the spot-welds rusted (decay as previously described) where the plate meets the joint, causing the plate to separate while underway. I thru-bolted the plates to the joint at the spot-welds after the first break and that prevented future failures.....So....I like FishFactory's Bennett idea.

Back