Tuna tower DIY

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Costamesaspearo

Reaction score
Anyone build a tuna tower lately? I’m located in Southern California and was thinking of buying leaning post seat and adding a hoop and support legs. Any input? I would a shop weld on the hoop and support legs, here’s the lean post I wanted use. It would be going on a 2120 Parker and the top seat is removable for trailering.

Attachments

• ECF7CD31-D116-4336-9815-37DE0DBCD168.png
    ECF7CD31-D116-4336-9815-37DE0DBCD168.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
A Good one is expensive.....One without controls is about useless.

The Shiny Stainless steering wheel was blasted to dull it down and stop flashing your eyes.

Attachments

• 100_5690.JPG
    100_5690.JPG
    513.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_5771.JPG
    100_5771.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_5728.JPG
    100_5728.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 100_5770.JPG
    100_5770.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_6503.JPG
    100_6503.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5745.JPG
    100_5745.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Efx

The Shiny Stainless steering wheel was blasted to dull it down and stop flashing your eyes.
Hi there. I have a 2530 and am interested in the tower design that you posted. Did you build that yourself? I am looking for a template that we can use to build our own. We have a shop with tube benders, welders, etc. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
No..... I did not build it... I had a Local Tower shop build it. The Box was built by Orca Fiberglass in Pensacola,Fl. They are slow, But build a quality product.

lol! What a comment. I used to use a bean bag on top and locate the fish. I got this and plenty of others with my useless tower without controls. I would do a hoop with a cooler on a 2120. If you don't have autopilot yet, get one with a controller.

Attachments

• IMG_5440.jpg
    IMG_5440.jpg
    697.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
We used ours site fishing for Cobia. Communication with who is steering the boat sucked, because they could not hear well.... They could not See what you were seeing Well to maneuver the boat into position to serve up / present a bait. In the frenzy if the captain ran over , got to close.... The fish would Sound and never be seen again. Cobia have become Far and few between and I don't care about doing it anymore.... But That is how we use them here on the Gulf Coast. So I stand by what I said.... Furthermore.... Loading the boat on the trailer gives a Whole different / Better perspective than being in a Pilothouse. Same thing goes in manuring around congested docks...Especially with wind thrown in.

No..... I did not build it... I had a Local Tower shop build it. The Box was built by Orca Fiberglass in Pensacola,Fl. They are slow, But build a quality product.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll look them up.

We used ours site fishing for Cobia. Communication with who is steering the boat sucked, because they could not hear well.... They could not See what you were seeing Well to maneuver the boat into position to serve up / present a bait. In the frenzy if the captain ran over , got to close.... The fish would Sound and never be seen again. Cobia have become Far and few between and I don't care about doing it anymore.... But That is how we use them here on the Gulf Coast. So I stand by what I said.... Furthermore.... Loading the boat on the trailer gives a Whole different / Better perspective than being in a Pilothouse. Same thing goes in manuring around congested docks...Especially with wind thrown in.

I guess you guys don't look for birds, kelp, floating debris, current breaks or dolphins like us in SoCal. There are lots of Parkers here in SoCal with controls, I have never seen anyone load it on a trailer up top. If you can't maneuver a boat in the cabin, you probably shouldn't be behind the wheel. My buddy has a 38' sport fisher with a tall tower, no controls, big loud twin Detroit diesels, someone would always be up top with binos and we used a hand held vhf radio for communication to the flybridge to spot marlin. Never an issue not having controls up top.

I guess you guys don't look for birds, kelp, floating debris, current breaks or dolphins like us in SoCal. There are lots of Parkers here in SoCal with controls, I have never seen anyone load it on a trailer up top. If you can't maneuver a boat in the cabin, you probably shouldn't be behind the wheel. My buddy has a 38' sport fisher with a tall tower, no controls, big loud twin Detroit diesels, someone would always be up top with binos and we used a hand held vhf radio for communication to the flybridge to spot marlin. Never an issue not having controls up top.

The answer is No . Not site fishing for Cobia. Put Controls on it.... It WILL open a New world.

It's like reef fishing here. Some can hold the boat on the spot.... Those are few and far between on a small craft.... Some anchor....And then GPS Trolling Motors came along. It's a Game changer.

Anyone build a tuna tower lately? I’m located in Southern California and was thinking of buying leaning post seat and adding a hoop and support legs. Any input? I would a shop weld on the hoop and support legs, here’s the lean post I wanted use. It would be going on a 2120 Parker and the top seat is removable for trailering.
Fishing boats unlimited is making mine right now I will have pictures soon. They are in Costa Mesa too!

Ya, they have been great. Super pro. I've been working with Jason, the son, and he has been very responsive. The tower is built and the boat goes up Monday for the install.
We have the same date for install. See you there. I saw ur tower the other day its perfect

I will post pics next week but the rigging for the tower will be exactly the same as it is in the cab with the exception of the windlass. I even retrofitted the boat with the garmin digital switch so I will have control of every switch while using tower. With the addition of the second station I also decided to go add the smart key system. Which wasn’t necessary but super trick and truthfully wasn’t much more the traditional turn key ignition and no more kitting the key with my knee.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The view and placing the boat on a trailer from a Crows Nest is 5 times better /easier. Face it... You can't see the trailer when you are in the pilothose and a boats length off the trailer.

As I said.... Controls up Top ARE a Game Changer. Seeing Birds, Fish schooling on the surface is All much easier to position a boat from the Tower. Docking, especially in a cross wind is better as you have a Much better sight pix of how close you can really get and not hit it. You Really should bite the bullet.... SPEND the $$$$ and move your Game up.

Latest posts

Back