Twin outboards with kicker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Its been awhile but someone asked to see my setup for my kicker. It is a tight sqeeze but it all turns without hitting. Also heres a few pictures after a day on the ocean.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 632
  • deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 632
  • frontJPG.jpg
    frontJPG.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 632
  • kicker (2).jpg
    kicker (2).jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 632
  • liferaft.jpg
    liferaft.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 632
  • motorsJPG.jpg
    motorsJPG.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 632
First Parker with Trips!!! Nice! 8) 8) 8)

What is that mounted under the Stb gunwale? Shelf? Is it homemade?

Nice Boat!! :D :D

Beautiful boat.

With twins, why did you go with a kicker? If one of your 150s goes down, you have the other. All three of your motors feed from the same fuel tank (I'll assume), and if you have a fuel problem, it is likely to take all three motors down...the kicker may not buy you anything.

I have twins. Made the initial order with a single F-225 and a 9 hip kicker, then decided to switch to twin F-115s before the boat was built. Because I can't plane on one F-115, if I had it to do all over again, I'd probably have stayed with the single and the kicker. But...when I repower, a pair of 150s will sit back there.

Dave

aka

We do alot of fishing for salmon out here and we troll fairly slow (around 2 mph +/-) so to keep hours off the big motors I use the kicker. I really dont think of it as aux. power, though I wouldn't be afaid in a pinch.
Yes the trays under the gunnels are somthing I made at work and had powder coated. They come in real handy.
The rod tying the motors together is a piece of 3/8 s.s. allthread. I am not sure of the brand name of the ball joint connectors at the ends but I will see if I can find out.
Thanks for the replies

Back