twins w/out counter rotation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inTherapy

Reaction score
Well, the day has come when I need to replace a counter rotating lower unit on a hpdi 200. I have talked with a few mechanics, and done the appropriate web searching, to get the skinny on running twins without opposing rotation. some say with hydraulic steering it's not an issue, other say torque twist, etc. Has anyone run a Parker 25 this way? SEI has 3 year warranty lower units shipped at $ 795. I figure at that cheap $$$ I may be the one to test the set-up. Any thought are much appreciated. Art

I havent personally run the parker with non counter rotating motors but i dont think it would make that much difference. Have you ever run a single? does it go straight? If you notice much veering you can adjust the zinc just above the prop to help counter it.

Figure in for the cost of a new prop too.

How much is a counter rotator??

I was thinking of buying an SEI lower unit just to have a backup but the counter rotator stopped me. I would hate to have a failure in the middle of the season and have to wait for parts.

Let us know how you make out.

Back