Use this to cut speaker holes?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150dude

Reaction score
I am mounting speakers in the front of the cakin by the anchor access.
I bought this. Any comments befor I start surgery? I need a 5" hole which this will do.
dave

Attachments

• Hole cutter.jpg
    Hole cutter.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 767
I used a 5 inch hole saw for my speakers. I taped off the area and started my cut going backwards at first. I went nice and slow and let the saw do the cutting. No problems for me at all.

Ow-yaaaaahhhhz :shock: ... 'if' that grabs the glass at all you will SURELY have a freaking scar!

Here's what I would do if I were to use that fly-cutting gizmo you have, masking off the area with 3M blue tape.

1) Drill a pilot hole for the center bit FIRST and then turn that center bit backwards so it is action as a PILOT only

2) I might be inclined to have one bit cut first, as if the 2 don't TRACK in the SAME groove ... she'll walk on you

3) I would think that if you went slllloooooooow to start, once you got a full circular groove, you could adjust both tool bits to track and cut in the SAME groove

4) Regardless, go slow, let the cutting edges cut anf don't force it. Hold that drill steady, as if either edge 'grabs', there'll be tons of torque at play here ...

If room, I personally wouls use a jigsaw, see other post this week in regards to cutting holes in glass for more info.

Latest posts

Back