Value on 2017 2520XL SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilR

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help........I have a 2017 2520XL SC fresh water boat with only 79 hours on the 300 HP Yamaha. It is in like new condition. Due to my age and some of the limitations that go with it, I've decided to sell it and have some dear friends that want the boat. It is well optioned, includes a trailer and I have added a bow thruster. The prices that I see on line seem mostly to be over $100 thousand. Am I giving them a good deal at $90,000 ? Thank you so much for any input.

I think you are way low. Of course it depends on the condition of the boat, what's included, electronics etc., but if it is in like new condition with newer electronics it would list for 120-130 and up.

It is a crazy market. Most will say the current formula for a "used in like new condition" is around MSRP minus 10-12%. But some boats are just not available new, so may want to ask for quotes on new units and/or try to get info on what they actually sell for.

Like this:
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2020-parker-2520-xld-sport-cabin-8136490/
--

I'm looking for a little help........I have a 2017 2520XL SC fresh water boat with only 79 hours on the 300 HP Yamaha. It is in like new condition. Due to my age and some of the limitations that go with it, I've decided to sell it and have some dear friends that want the boat. It is well optioned, includes a trailer and I have added a bow thruster. The prices that I see on line seem mostly to be over $100 thousand. Am I giving them a good deal at $90,000 ? Thank you so much for any input.

If they're dear friends, and you don't "need" the money, pay it forward, they may take you with them a few times.... (don't give it to them, but don't mug them at the same time.....)

please tell me/us more about adding a now thruster...? I'd like to know more about this.

^^^^ I agree!
Nevertheless, "fair market price" for this boat, if in like new condition, is currently above 100k.

Are you giving them a 'good' deal at 90K ??... No, you are/would be giving them a 'great' deal.... but there's nothing wrong with that, if you'd like to help out a friend; most of us have done the same.

Last edited:
If they're dear friends, and you don't "need" the money, pay it forward, they may take you with them a few times.... (don't give it to them, but don't mug them at the same time.....)

please tell me/us more about adding a now thruster...? I'd like to know more about this.
H

Hi Realtor,

Hi Realtor,
I had a Vetus 45 bow thruster installed in 2018 by East Coast Bow Thrusters...cost $7,500. They came to my boat garage in Albany NY to do the work.....they travel the east coast from Maine to Florida to do installs and were well recommended. Backing into my narrow boat slip was nearly impossible with a crosswind.....hence the thruster. The thruster motor is accessible from the hatch opening in front of the toilet. The # for East Coast is 845-551-1975.
Phil

PhilR-
Just because you own it in freshwater doesn’t mean it can’t be brought to salt right? Putting my thoughts on price aside (i think you are almost 50% under), I am curious as to what the difference is btw bow thruster and these Yamaha joy stick systems is? I have a 2540which catches wind like a sailboat and my slip is literally 30’ across from a transient dock where 4-120mln yachts dock ….. (STRESSFUL!)

Phil, if they change their mind, let me know, I am interested and within 3 hours drive from you. Down on Long Island. I have been working and saving with an eye on the for sale adds.... You have a very nice boat there and I would give it a very good home.

Back