VHF ANTENNA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx beach guy

Reaction score
Guy its time i change out my antenna on the 2120.I need a good ant.
that will reach out there can someone recommed a good one.My
price range is up to 250.00.My current is a cheap one .

Some folks prefer the Shakespeare Galaxy antennas but I prefer the Digital 529 8' antenna.
Talk to Jim Maier at BOE Marine and see which one he prefers. He has used both and he sells them both.
866-735-5926

Galaxy 5225 series, one for < $110, the other a tad more. Either one out performs Digital brand antennas in actual performance tests.

DaleH":307lvbfu said:
Galaxy 5225 series, one for < $110, the other a tad more. Either one out performs Digital brand antennas in actual performance tests.

Dale they have one call the 5225XT stainless.I assume the wiring is
stainless 149.00.Reckon this is a good one?This one is in stock
in PC FL.Any comment?

mx beach guy":7tn3iifa said:
Dale they have one call the 5225XT stainless.I assume the wiring is stainless 149.00.Reckon this is a good one?This one is in stock in PC FL.Any comment?

That SS moniker that chandlery is using just might denote the SS ferrule (to attach to mount [cheaper antennas use plastic] that the std XT model uses. If so ...

Again, I'd recommend you buy from BOE Marine:

Shakespeare Galaxy series:

5225-XT = $97 (what I use, some day I'll upgrade [already run 2 VHFs])

5225-XP = $115 (silver-plated connections and built a tad tougher for strict heavy-duty offshore use)

5225-FLT = $130 (appears to be same as XT model but with built-in advanced filtering technology, supposed to be good if you boat around busy ports)

See link below and call Jim or Beth to get a shipping quote:

http://www.boemarine.com/searchresults. ... hText=5225

Back