VHF radio install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine passes through a hole in the top, then covered with a clamshell that was filled with silicone.

Second photo down on this old post shows my Icom VHF radio mounted in the corner of the strd. windows. The radio is splash resistant and it has been soaked a number of times with no problems. Mike mounted above it keeps the cord out of the way and within easy reach to grab the mike to talk or to put it up to my ear when I use the mike as just a speaker to hear the traffic. On the 2120 this is very easy to reach and to see the display. Does not block any view and did not cut a hole in the space limited console which I have since filled up. One hole in the top of console to run the power wires & the antenna.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1652

These photos were before I installed four roof air horns, dorade, etc. so I added a few more photos to this post t also show where I mounted a storage compartment right into my console which is a super addition to my 2120......................Pete

Attachments

• 100_0987 [fire truck].JPG
    100_0987 [fire truck].JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_0909 [fire truck].JPG
    100_0909 [fire truck].JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_0910 [fire truck].JPG
    100_0910 [fire truck].JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_0927 [fire truck].JPG
    100_0927 [fire truck].JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 97
Got the vhf mounted in the lower left corner of the dash. The was a factory installed iPod reader there which I would never use. I remove it and used the existing hole in the dash for the vhf. Not the most ideal location but it will do for now. If my knee hits it too often, Connecting to the gps was a pain. The tiny wires, my fat fingers, and bad eyesight resulted in a lot of self-discussion. Now to get the antenna mounted.

Back