wantabees here

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw fla

Reaction score
we would like to rig our our boat for 30amp shore pwr. bought a 25 foot shore cable and been staring at eacn other quizingly ever sense.

the idea is to mount a cpl of recepticals onboard so we ,while dockside, have ac pwr to run a batty charger and small 15 amp air cond. perhaps even fry a fish.

if anyone could send us a sketch and some directions it sure be appreciated. wife says she is tired of spinning the ladder for me to change light bulbs.

thanks a bunch....al and kathy

You will need to purchase a few things like your shore power inlet, then a breaker panel similar to this blueseas 3029. You will also need a 15-amp branch circuit breaker. Then you wire it to your outlet.

If you don’t fully understand this I would consult an electrician. Maybe do all the work and have him do the final hookup and check your work. If you don’t have this setup and grounded properly it can be deadly if something goes wrong.

Attachments

• BlueSea 3029.jpg
    BlueSea 3029.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 136
Sw Fla

You will also need one of these Shore Power Inlet Item#203275 on the www.defender.com website to hook your cable into. I saw one on a 2006 2520XL. It was mounted on the starboard side of the pilothouse so that the wiring could be ran behind and through into the back of the dash. They installed the above pictured breaker panel and came out of the panel to a normal GFI outlet they mounted on the side of the bulk head. It was done very professional. The Reason for the above breaker panel is the shore power is 30 amp and the outlet is 20 amp for the appliances you are going to run.

Catfish

after reading your suggestions kathy and i think we will have the work done by an electrician. don't want a new 2530 smoking at dockside.

will certainly look into the circuit breaker pictured in your reply.

thanks again guys. what a great forum! al and kathy

It can be quite expensive to have done. You can save a bunch of money if you buy all the parts online and do some yourself. Like planning it all out and installing the outlets.

Good luck, shore power is one of the best things I've done to my Parker 2520. I have an inverter also that runs a microwave which seems to be a big hit with everyone.

Back