wash down

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOUTHWINS

Reaction score
does anyone have any photoes of there wash down pump and strainer,looking to put one in,

This is the OEM wash down assembly on my 1996 2520 MVSC.

Sea valve.

Image-5C4B9C7C4F5411DB.jpg

Wash down pump.

Image-5C4D0A944F5411DB.jpg

Discharge.

Image-5C5024D64F5411DB.jpg

Thank you Daniel, but it wasn't always so.

I don't have 'before' photos, but when I bought my boat, the Boat Leveler aux power unit was leaking ATF into the bilge. It must have been leaking for quite some time because I found 3 unopened quart bottles of ATF, and 1 almost empty bottle in the bilge area. Rather than fix the leak, the previous owner just kept topping off the fluid level. :roll:

I also discovered several plastic boxes full of trolling weights in the bilge, one of which was sitting on top of the bilge float switch.

The boat was sitting on its trailer in a corner of the marina lot, and apparently had not been used much for quite some time as the cockpit was full of leaves, and the bilge was full of a mix of ATF and water (the garboard drain plug was IN). :shock:

Needless to say, the bilge was an oily, funky mess. :cry:

Getting it to the point where you see it now took a LOT of simple green, bleach, scrub brushes, water, and time.
She didn't come clean overnight, but she did come clean, and I plan to keep her that way. :wink:

BTW - The old 12"x12" Boat Leveler tabs were replaced with a set of 24"x9" Bennett tabs before she was commissioned. 8)

I conquer, Megawhite it is.
That is seriously impressive.

Hey Maegabyte; Did you spray Simple Green and bleach on everything without concern as to what it could do to the wiring and etc?

SommerTime":27xj0o40 said:
Hey Maegabyte; Did you spray Simple Green and bleach on everything without concern as to what it could do to the wiring and etc?

Simple Green and Zep Orange Citrus are both Eco-friendly cleaners.
I use bleach in my wash water all the time.
No issues in 7 years.
As for the 'other stuff' in the bilge... much of it was ripped out and replaced shortly after I bought her, so no... no concerns.

Thanks Megabyte; My boat is a 2004 model and mildew is starting to build up in the bilge and I have been looking for a method, easy method, to get rid of it. I think I will give your method a try this summer. However, any mildew build up under the deck, i.e. I have a 2520XL, will just have to stay there.

Thanks

I use a combo of Orpine boat soap, Orange Zep, and cheap bleach in my scrub-down wash water.

Back when the bilge was funky, I'd just toss the excess wash bucket water into the bilge every time I was done scrubbing her.
The water would gently slosh around in there until the next weekend... cleaning as it did.

Every now and then, I'd dump a whole gallon of Orange Zep and about 2 quarts of bleach in the forward bilge and let it sit.
That accelerated the cleaning of the forward bilge and it cleaned the piping too.
Let that combo sit for 5 days and it's amazing the crud that you will see migrating to the rear bilge.

Next time I'd go out fishing and jump up on plane, the water and cleaning solution would collect in the stern and the bilge pump would get rid of it.

Do that regularly for several years and your bilge will get clean too. :wink:

Fish Factory .By your drawing your livewell pump has to be running to suppy water to your raw water washdown pump? I have an 1801 and it's set up like your drawing. I want to put a raw water washdown on this spring but I want to be able to suppy water to the washdown without having to fill my livewell.

Megabyte":3sopkawu said:
This is the OEM wash down assembly on my 1996 2520 MVSC.

Sea valve.

Image-5C4B9C7C4F5411DB.jpg

My only question is about the fuel filter. Is that some new format you used for writing the date on it??? :D

On my installation which I installed the livewell pump, boat already had washdown pump, the livewell pump has an port that is just a pass-through from the sea cock. Thus the washdown pump is tied to this pass-through port and therefore does not require the livewell pump to be running in order for the washdown pump to get water.

I've never had trouble with the water pickup, but have had the clear plastic filter on the input side of the actual pump plug up with a clear slimy substance. Disassembling the two-piece clear plastic filter body and cleaning the filter has become a twice-a-year activity.

Dave

aka

Back