WATER COLLECTION PROBLEM

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any one else has experienced this problem. I have a 2007 2520SCMV. To the left of the helm is a hatch cover. When opened there is a part of the bilge that does not seem to be connected fore or aft. There is a macerator pump high in the bilge and a hose from the pump going to a seacock at the bottom. There is a porta potty on the boat but the holding tank can be pumped out or it can be diverted to the macerator pump and outflow seacock. There is no connection to the fore or afte bilge area or the anchor locker. The tube that connects those areas runs under this part of the boat and is glassed over. Now to the problem. I am constantly finding standing water in this area. The hatch cover is always " sweating" so I thought maybe it was condensation . The water is only about 2-3 inches deep and never gets any higher than that which leads me to believe it can't be coming in from that seacock. Does anyone share this setup/ problem ? I have sponged it out many times and also added a seal to the hatch cover but I still find after a few days, the water is there again. I have had other boats ( not Parkers) that had bilge pumps midship and was surprised that there is only one bilge pump on my Parker in the aft bilge. By the way, any water from the anchor locker goes back to the aft bilge and does not collect in the area I have the problem with. Thanks for any info.

I have a 2520XLD. It has a midship bilge that houses the holding tank for the head. It has a pumpout, a seacock, and a bilge pump with a separate float switch. There is also an inlet from the forward cabin drain and an outlet to the stern bilge. It is a common area; but, depending upon the attitude of the hull, water can collect there and/or drain to the aft bilge. Are you certain there isn't an outlet pipe in the compartment? It seems there should be, but perhaps the MV is different.
Good fishing!

I have a 2820xl and my set up is the same as steve J. depending on the attitude of the boat in the water, it can collect there or run back to the aft bilge.

I was told that this area was supposed to house a holding tank if you had a regular marine head. But my boat just has the portapotty with hoses going to the macerator and pump out and then out to the sea cock. All the other bilges empty aft when running and they are bilged out from the aft bilge pump. In your setups, where is the bilge pump emptying out? Is there a midship outflow vent ? Is your holding tank deep in that compartment? The compartment on my boat does not have any bilge pump or connection to fore or aft bilges. Thanks for the info.

You have a porta potty but they included a macerator?

Am I understanding this right?

I wish mine had that cause the porta potti sucks, I want to add a head but the previous owner did not get that option.

Yes. My portapotty has a pump out hose and a vent hose. There is a pump out cap on the port side towards the bow. There is also hosing going to a macerator pump and a seacock for discharge. I have never used it beause I do most of my boating within harbors where overboard discharge is illegla. In fact you have to have that seacock lockeddown and the CG will check if you are boarded. But you can go to a pump out station and discharge. The portapotty only has a 6 gal holding capactiy. Most boats with this setup have a regular marine head and a larger capactiy holding tank.

Latest posts

Back