water in hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian

Reaction score
I bought a used Parker in June and I've put the boat in about ten times since. I usually leave it in the water for two or three days and run it on average about 8 hours. When I pull the boat out and pull the plug there is always about 5-10 gallons of water that drains from the hull. There are no cracks in the hull and no major nicks. I've been told it's probably a loose fitting on the bilge or live well, but wanted to see if anyone had other ideas.
Thanks,
Brian
05' Parker 18' Center Console

I'd check those fittings PRONTO and if above the waterline, replace with solid SS ones. Also check the integrity of the plug and the boss the plug threads into.

Now, would that boat have a forward bilge pump or an anchor locker drain? Both features have been known as a means for take water into a hull. Easy way to check the anchor locker (if you can get neat the area), put cardboard into the area ... go out and hit waves ... if you see water dripping down the cardboard ... that's your entry point.

Re-seal everything below the water line. Check the connections at your live well and raw water washdown. A friend of mine sunk his boat this year when the hose popped off the back of his livewell and filled the hull with water. By the time he realized what was going on...........He was crawling onto a capsized hull :shock: Check it ASAP and do not launch until you are satisfied you found it...

Wellcraft 250 Coastal with twins. Around Smith Point, VA area drifting for flounder. Lost ALL Tackle, including 14 trolling rigs (at least $3500) NO INSURANCE!!!!!!!! $6000.00 Tow & more...Just installed new Radar system day before. Captain noticed boat rocking sent crew to front inspection hatch, opened hatch and water came in, attempted to start motors (water in tanks) within 30 seconds boat flipped with captain and two crew on top (bottom) of boat. :shock: No time to get to the radio and lucky to escape and that the water is warm. Tough lesson learned. Good thing was no major engine damage.

I have a similar issue, but I've traced it to a steep ramp, and when the bow of the boat is being winched up the rollers, the scuppers on the transom go underwater and some water leaks in. Sometimes it is very little, but other times, when the little scupper door gets a piece of trash under it, the water can amount to 5-10 gallons.

Dave

aka

Back