Water Marked Windows

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I have a 2520XL and the pilothouse side windows have what looks like water marks at the bottom of the window on the outside. I have tried everything to remove the marks without luck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove the water marks?

252189_d.jpg

optimaxfish":f8mo8rv3 said:
Wouldn't suprise me if the spots are acid rain. Acid rain will etch glass, and of course mark paint. Looks like water spots that won't come off.

Didn't think of that, but you are right. Have seen the impact of acid rain.

Thanks for the responses. I will give them a try until I find what works. Something like this just bothers me to no end.

Thanks

Me? I'm a cheap ba$$tard ;) ! If truly water spots, mix up a solution of 1/2 distilled water and 1/2 distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle and carry it on your boat with a soft, clean cloth.

Clean-up works best when the window is in the shade AND cool. Spray the window (or surface) the water/vinegar solution, let it set a bit, and then wipe. The spots should come right off :D !

I found the ultimate glass cleaner/polish.......before I tell what it is let me tell you how I stumbled on to it. :roll:

Bought a brand new F-450 last year and for the first wash down I let a neighborhood boy help me wash it. I left him be with the bucket of water /turtle wax soap I pre mixed and instructed him to start at the top and work his way down. I came back out about 30 min later and he had gotten a bottle of "Purple Power" from the shelf and was washing the roof were there was some tree sap. Well I told him not to use any more of the Purple Power and to rinse it well. Well as he finished cleaning the truck the sun rose above the garage and was beaming on the truck. The sun baked the Purple Power water spots onto the glass and all of the glass on the entire vehicle felt like sand paper. I was frantic trying to get it off. I tried every cleaner on the shelf including Bar Keepers, Comet, Cleaner Wax, and Windex to no avail. I was convinced the spots were etched into the glass for good. I gave up for the night and proceeded to make dinner for my wife. After dinner I was on the couch contemplating what my next coarse of action was going to be to remove the spots when I observed my wife cleaning the smooth cook top with Weiman glass cook top cleaner :idea: :idea: . I grabbed the bottle and head out to the shop to give it a try. Much to my surprise IT WORKED, not only did it work but I proceeded to clean the windows in every vehicle we owned. This stuff is amazing.....I got a 1988 Mitsubishi mini Mitz truck from a friend and the glass had that foggy look and he thought the glass would need to be replaced as Windex would not even come close to touching it. I broke out the Weiman and once again it made the glass look new. You apply it like a polish let it dry and wipe it off. After you wipe it dry clean if needed clean with Windex and then apply Rain X. You will be amazed how clean the glass will be and how much longer the Rain X will last after this procedure.

Here's the link but you can get it at any Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart etc.

http://www.weiman.com/products/smooth/cleaner.php

Heck, someone else try it and give us a report!

Here's the MSDS, it's isopropyl alcohol with phosphoric acid, so I'd be careful where you ... err, spill it ;) .

Attachments

• Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner MSDS.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 25
SommerTime":32h30o3d said:
I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow and will pick up a bottle of Weiman and give it a try.

thanks

Thanks Dale for the break down. It is the consistancy of liquid wax.

Also, the rubber around the window will be OK. On glass cook tops they have rubber around the edges. Do not leave it on in the sun as I have not tried that. Try a small spot on the window and wipe off and compare to the rest of the window. Do one window at a time and wipe with a separate clean dry terry cloth. It is a polish so the more you wipe it the more it polishes. Report back. I am confident you will be amazed.

SommerTime":3k7o0hnk said:
Thanks for the responses. I will give them a try until I find what works. Something like this just bothers me to no end.

Thanks

If it is more convenient check your local grocery store they carry it as well. Or if you have a glass cooktop the miss's may allready have a bottle. :wink:

Hey Capt Bill: I tried using Windex and scraping with razor blade without success. It is funny but it seems that the water marks are only on the side windows at the bottom of the window which I assume the top of the window is protected by the pilot house roof overhang. I'm wondering if we need a brain surgeon for this problem--this can't be all that difficult.

Hello All;

Got the Weimans stuff going to shore tommorow will post how I make

out. This has been a real pain I hope this stuff works.

" BEAN "

P.S. About 2 Weeks Till Spalsh ! Will Post Pics After Spash.

SommerTime":2iege5eh said:
Hey Capt Bill: I tried using Windex and scraping with razor blade without success. It is funny but it seems that the water marks are only on the side windows at the bottom of the window which I assume the top of the window is protected by the pilot house roof overhang. I'm wondering if we need a brain surgeon for this problem--this can't be all that difficult.

I did the same, razor did not do it weiman did.

Dear Maxout;

Tried the weimans on my windows today. They were really bad did them 2-3 times. Finally got the white marks off, thanks for the tip that was driving me nuts. I had tried everthing you can think of but this finally did the trick. I did not clean with window cleaner after i think that coat of whatever it is might protect in the long run. Will just wait and see.

Thanks For The Tip !

" BEAN "

I had a similar problem. None of the water spot removers or abrasive window cleaners would touch it. I finally found that NOXON 7 Metal Polish would remove the spots. It takes a little hard rubbing, but the spots disappear. I've tried other metal polishes and they don't work at all. NOXON is the only one that removed the spots. It can be purchased at Advance Auto parts.

I found the Weiman Glass Cooktop Cleaner today at Home Depot.
Found it in the appliance section. :wink:

Latest posts

Back