Water on deck. 95 2320 sc w a 200 2 stroke HPDI.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spdnby

Reaction score
Hello and how is everyone?
Recently slipped my boat and had a full 150 gallon load of fuel and 4 of my buddies fishing in New York Harbor.

A very busy waterway filled with commercial and personal watercraft that just happens to have some fantastic fishing holes.

Add in a 15 to 20 mile an hour wind with a decent chop adds up to a lot of water coming over the transom and swamping the deck.

If I had known the boat would do this I would have considered a different model.

Mine is a 1995 hull. The engine is mounted on the transom.
The scuppers are the little rubber flap type.
The lowest part of the transom sits about 3" above the water line and usually the scuppers are below the water line.

Numerous times drift fishing we a
Had several inches of water sitting on the deck. Draining thru the scuppers is futile unless powered underway.
Anybody deal with this? Is it a model year design flaw?
Do I need to suck it up and just accept the fact that it's a wet deck design?

I'm going to install 2 u shaped tracks and make a piece of white plastic to vertically mount forward of the out board to act as another bulk head.

Anything is better than what I have now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also burning off half the fuel helps but I would like to add a live well but am seriously considering not doing it due to the added weight.

150 gallons of fuel and 4 guys with all of their gear in a 23 with the weather conditions you noted will give you a wet deck in most any boat.
There are a couple of things you can do tho.
As you noted, running less fuel can help, especially if you don't need a full load to get to and from your fishing spots.

Another easy fix would be to replace the scupper flaps with ball scuppers like these:
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/t-h-marin ... r--1930353

I had them on my previous boat (not a Parker) and they worked well.

My cousin has that same boat with a bracket and full transom. We fish 4-6 guys with a full livewell and no problem with wet feet, not water on deck at all.

You best bet is a bulkhead like you are talking about, also less fuel. You very rarely need to tote around 150 gallons while fishing inshore.

Spdnby said:
I'm going to install 2 u shaped tracks and make a piece of white plastic to vertically mount forward of the out board to act as another bulk head.
quote]

. . . ....It sounds like you do not have the splash well on your model. . .was it removed by previous owner for more deck space. . . or never there?? I have a 1999 2320 with transom mount engine. ....when I have run 4 guys and a full tank I have the same issue, but. . .....my splash well keeps all the water off the deck. ......your idea will definitely help.. ...it's the same idea as what is on mine.

I could post pics but can't figure out how.
Shannonigans can you post a picture of what the splash well looks like?

I may enlarge the scuppers to 2" with no rubber inset (valve).
Scalloped into the floor like the small originals.
It seems like water comes over the transom and falls on deck. Then it gets heavier and more water comes over the deck. Next thing you know I got 4 or 5 inches rolling around.
If the scuppers had no insert and were bigger it would come in and go right back out not stay on the floor (deck) sloshing around until the puny stock scuppers can drain it all.

Posting pics I tried to click image but to no avail. If someone can tell me how I'll post pics.

Thank you.

. . . .....unfortunately . ....my (home) computer died and I lost EVERYTHING :x BUT. . ......I snagged this from the good ol' internet. This is what the splash board on my boat looks like. ...and like I said....it keeps all the water off the deck. There are scuppers on the transom that remove the water from this area. ......and I also have scuppers on the deck to remove any water I get in the boat (wash down, rain, etc)...................If that splash well was not there I would be VERY wet.....

. . .....there's a few posts on here where guys removed the splash well to get more deck space. .....but they made something similar to what you said to still keep the water out. . . .. .here's one of them. . . .may help you out.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12050&p=83727&hilit=splash+well#p83727

Attachments

• SSCN3627A.jpg
    SSCN3627A.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 465
Thanks for the pics Shannonigans. At least you understand.
The pics are exactly what I need.

Now where can I order the splash well cover?

Or should I just fabricate one?

In the attached pic you can see that, although it might not look as OEM as the splash well, 2 removable Starboard boards were put in as the splash guard. As for the scuppers they have the ping pong ball scuppers which help with much of the water coming through. When I bought the boat it was like this and it works well and may serve your needs. It would be a lot less expensive than fabricating a well. Also, I used Rustoleum "Oyster White" paint to cover the boards and it matches perfect with the rest of the boat.

Attachments

• splash guard.jpg
    splash guard.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 415
Great replies. Much appreciated. And the oyster paint rust oleum is an added bonus. Keep the pics coming. Thanks John.

Ok thanks to the education here I called Parker who referred me to a dealer.
Any how's I inquired about the splash well and am promised a call back tomorrow to see if I can buy the stock one temporarily.i didn't even know it existed as a stock item until I read these posts so thanks for your replies. I don't know what the former owner did for a splash well when I bought from him and he never mentioned it to me. Today I learned how to post pics so this is what it looked like in snotty weather with a full tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 326
Wow that's way too much water coming over the transom. I would seriously look into the splashwell cover and get new scuppers.

Holy cow! That is a lot worse than I thought. Apparently the 2320 notch takes in a lot more than the 2120's. Maybe why they closed it in and bracketed it? You definitely need to address that.

Yea thats really bad. Do you have an extra miscellaneous weight n the back, extra batteries etc.....
Almost seems like the transom is water logged, it should no way be sitting that low.

Guys I scratch my head all the time......
There are my 2 batteries in the compartments on either side of the transom.
The transom is not waterlogged and there is no water in the bilge.
The way I know it's good is when I slip the boat it sits perfect although the scuppers could almost sit at the water line.

FYI Parker added 500 pounds of lead below the deck under the batteries. 250 pounds each side.

Check even this out......
My power head went Sunday....I had a 220 hp HPDI.
The hull is a 1995 and the engine was a 2000.

So I want to add a 4 stroke but am afraid to with the added weight. I want to remove the lead ballast on both sides or at least a percentage of it, move the batteries to the berth area......and also raise the transom up 5 inches and put a 30" outboard on it.

Decisions decisions decisions....damn the new motors are expensive!

Oh and by the way it doesn't normally sit that low....I just happened to catch a roller coming over the transom in roughly 3 foot seas.....I will fix this.....I'm determined.

This is what I was told from people who know more about the subject than I do but I know with 100% fact it's true because I drilled into it.
I also had a member on this site send me a plan of the 25 footer and showed it on the stringer plan. I don't know if I still have that plan but if I find it I'll post it.
Supposedly the cabin were nose heavy and the cabin design caused water to accumulate and sink boat. I find this part hard to believe but I am 100% positive about the lead. Ask away to others who know more.

I have the original Parker stringer layout plan that shows the lead ballast.

It's in PDF format and I could email you so you see for yourself.

My email is [email protected]

Here is the print from Parker. I took a picture of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 267
I have the same pdf, unless I was the one who sent that to you. I got it directly from Parker engineering. I was surprised to see the lead added also. Of course, I have the MV and this document says DVSC so who knows.

Back