Water Pump on a 1999 200 HP SSII

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannonigans

Reaction score
. .. ...so with the temperature apparently stuck in the teens. .. ..and me being lazy today.... ..figured I would throw some pictures up from when I replaced my water pump. . ...might help some one that doesn't have a manual. ...OR a dope like me that never opens it when I should! It's a pretty simple job. Only one thing got me. ...and I'm just gonna blame that on the beer??

Water pump assembly. ....only 4 bolts hold it down

Water pump housing showing the gaskets. .....

Housing removed . . ...looking at the insert cartridge....

. . . .This was MY 'gotcha' as I did not remove the drive shaft collar and spacer. The cartridge slides right over them, but not the impeller...D'OH!! It's amazing how easy the impeller does come off when you remove these items. ...like I said. ...who has time to read the manual AND drink beer??

Just a view of the order of the drive shaft collar, spacer, and washers.....

Everything now removed. ...and take the key out. ......

Attachments

• Water Pump 2.jpg
    Water Pump 2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 161
  • Water Pump 3.jpg
    Water Pump 3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 161
  • Water Pump 4.jpg
    Water Pump 4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Water Pump 5A.jpg
    Water Pump 5A.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Water Pump 6A.jpg
    Water Pump 6A.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Water Pump 7A.jpg
    Water Pump 7A.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 161
Simple pic of the gasket with the outer plate removed. . ..

. .. . .and the parts!!

. . ....this was my first Yami water pump replacement. All in all it's a really simple job. Lot's of guys here recommend Sim's for purchasing the parts. ....great web site, pricing, and parts diagrams! However, I live a stones throw from Boat's Inc. which I believe is one of the best dealer's I have EVER dealt with. . . ...so because of all the times I have picked their brains with stuff. ...they get my business.

. ...hope some one can find this useful. . ..somehow??

Disclaimer. . ...no beer was consumed during the assembly process :wink:

Attachments

• Water Pump 8.jpg
    Water Pump 8.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Water Pump 9.jpg
    Water Pump 9.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 159
Cool, my WP parts just arrived from SIM today :D Spring will be here soon...... I hope!

thanks good pics if the snow ever melts I will do my first yam 225 ive done mercs looks simalar

be sure to add a little grease coating to that Woodruf key...When those things get stuck, it's a real pain.

Grease the impeller also. While holding pressure on the cup, rotate the driveshaft in the Correct direction and the vaines will fold back and slide in.

If you rotate it in the wrong direction....The vanes will flip flop in the housing and this can cause damage as soon as you hit the key to start it.

. . . .. ...great points Warthog. ....because I always grease/lube everything I forget to mention the importance of it. Nothing worse than broken bolts or fighting with stuck parts. ......

Back