water spots on windshield

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nnfisher

Reaction score
My 2510 has salt water spots on the windshield that I can't get off with the normal cleaners. Is there something that everyone is using that will get these off? Thanks for the help.

Vinegar, most hard water spots are mineral, thus alkali-based, so the acid solution breaks it down. I keep a mix of distilled water (no minerals) w/ vinegar to clean my windhields, plus another small one of the RainX type cleaner.

Thanks for the help. I just tried the vinegar and it still didn't get the spots. I also tried a magic eraser on a spot and no results. Does anybody have any other ideas?

I used rubbing compound and very fine steel wool in circular motion. Be careful not to apply too much pressure or you will scratch the glass. All my spots came out doing this.

I had similar water spots on my windshield, I used a product called plexus that cleaned them up nice. It is available at West Marine Good Luck

0000 steel wool will remove the spots, followed up with Stoner glass cleaner they will be as clear as new.

Latest posts

Back