Weekly Wrap-Up: A Couple of 40+ Inch Rockfish off Va Beach

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelTimeCapt

Reaction score
Monday with the seas calm and air temp nice, we made a quick trip out to Cape Henry to try and get in on the afternoon bite . When we got to CH, we saw a few birds and bait and decided to work the area. We deployed or lines in 30 feet of water and trolled from there to the Green Can. Not much was happenining until after about 5:30 when the sun started setting. As most other folks had gone, we started joking about doing the "Tred Barta Chant" and Carl started bantering about "Any Time Now..", when BAM, we had a nice knock down on the port side Tomic and Carl enojoyed some pullage to land this nice 40" rock:

SANY0466.JPG

Nice Job & WTG, "Anytime-Now" Carl!

This one went in the box, and we straightened things up and got our lines back in the water. About 45 minutes passed and we made 3 more passes north to south and back. We were on another northward troll when we hooked up in 45 feet of water with this nice 42" Ocean Rock:

SANY0467.JPG

Boy, did she put up nice fight and the girth made it pretty hard to slide it in the net! Nice "NET, Carl!" (LOL) :lol:

There were only a handfull of boats out by then and we saw some nice fish being taken. The sunset was awesome and we headed for the barn shortly there after. We took a few more photos and fillet these two nice ROCKFISH into quite a few table size servings. In the Cooler they went!!!

SANY0475.JPG

It was a great evening and just nice to bring back a few keepers especially with the conditions that we've been seeing out there!

Best Regards to All - Good Luck, Tight Lines and See You on the Water, Fletcher <><

gallery_11512_50_11330.gif

Awesome catch there wow i am jealous of these pictures!!!! I want fish like that now you killing me

Hey Keith - We not catching our limit everytime like we do most years, but it seems what we do catch is a bigger class of fish. Go figure... I can only speculate why this might be.

Best Regards,
Fletcher

Hey even though your not catching your limits everytime it is still nice to catch what you do when you do!!!

Thank you. It's literally been "feast or "famine" around here and a different type of season. It's good to get out and just get some pullage I'm thinking of switching over and doing some taug fishing in the next 2 or 3 weeks...

Best Regards,
Fletch <><

Latest posts

Back