What boat--if you had to do it all over again?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually.... Dale's boat.

Dale... if you can post more pictures detailing the painting you have done to your hull? Sal

Thanks Greg. I wasn't sure if it was a Mathews or a Judge.
That Patriot 29 is a pretty boat!

Patriot29_23.jpg

Megabyte":34zg3q6d said:
ParkerSal":34zg3q6d said:
One of the Whaler guys on my old site had a Mathews Patriot I think? I think his handle was pxrmid... Yeah I could handle his boat. :wink:

I don't believe that this is it, but I do believe this is either a Mathews Patriot or a Judge. I shot this photo in his creek last year before (I think) he got his new boat. VERY nice! :wink:

Image-62A1899EFA4F11D9.jpg

Ugghhh ... IMHO, how can you put OBs on a boat with downeast lineage and lines and call it "purty" in the same sentance ... :shock: :?: Can't do it!

Sal, I'll add some more photos to my intro post on the Introduce Yourself post. Thanks for the comments :) !

ParkerSal":sdrtch7m said:
... actually ... Dale's boat.
Dale... if you can post more pictures detailing the painting you have done to your hull?
Sal:

You are TOO kind sir ... but I'd take it too, but do wish she was a deep-V! I added some photos of her here.

Ranger... I got to look at the Albin "Tournement Edition" at the last Annapolis Powerboat Show.
It was their single diesel inboard model... Sweet :!:

Image-060E6ABB3D1F11DA.jpg

Yup, a diesel-powered Albin 28 is on my short list for my next boat

i wouldnt change from the 2520 for several reasons

[1] i wanted it in hi-dry all year, and the rack barely holds the

[2] i wanted single engine (we can do that whole debate another
time.....suffice it to say that the number one cause of "breakdowns",
of the boat if not the owner, is insufficient QUANTITY of fuel....
the number two is insufficient QUALITY of fuel, ie water and sludge
......how do twin engines address those two issues???!!!!), and
25` feet is about the upper limit for single gas engines.

[3] when it is a gorgeous day, i sometimes wish i was out in the
open, as i was for 21 seasons with my former 17`whaler cc....
of course, as soon as the wind whips up, the spray starts to fly,
or a thunderstorm rakes the fleet, or the sun is broiling at 100F
then i KNOW i got the right boat....

[4] my 90hp johnson v-4 on the whaler used 7 gal per hour at
about 3300-3500 rpm......my 2520 with a chevy 350 four barrell
uses the same!....my hourly cost of operation is LESS! (no oil)....
plus, i would have to pay every night for marina and motel when
i went any distance.....now i anchor out......my boating COSTS LESS
in dollars with far greater comfort, including sleeping anytime or
using the potti vs the bucket , or fixing a hot meal in the microwave..

since i dont have to do bottom paint, i use less petroleum, the sound
level is much less, and the CREATURE COMFORTS are thru the roof (now
that i HAVE a roof!), i would either increase cost considerably if i went
upward or decrease comfort enormously if i went back to cc, i cant
really wish for a different boat at all....dan

Dan - I am glad to see you have found this site. I remember you from your informative posts on the Old Parker site and Pilothouse site. If I recall correctly your Parker has very nice wood work in the cabin. If indeed that is you please posts some more photos and welcome.

When looking to upgrade from our 20' CC to a pilothouse, spent a lot of time looking at Parker's but found none that offered the 'chesapeake style' open pilothouse.

The admiral found this comparable sized 26'x9' deadrise, built in Chestertown, MD, with a Yanmar diesel that fit our wants and needs!

Sure, if I had the money - a Markley 42, or Thomas Point 44 would make ideal cruisers - til then we'll just dream and enjoy the bay at 20 knots in our 26' bay cruiser!

Mark
Middle River, MD

Somehow managed to erase my earlier link

Attachments

• WM26 - starboard view.jpg
    WM26 - starboard view.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3,482
Beautiful vessel WM26! Welcome aboard!

There are many more local builders here in the Chessie than many people realize, and your example is proof of that. Beautiful lines. :wink:
Who is the builder in Chestertown?

Capt Kevin,

The builder of this deadrise is a gentleman by the name of Will Williams, Williams Marine, of Chestertown, MD.

Williams Marine, through the years has built a number of boats - a popular 19ft Skiff, the Custom 26 and presently a Custom 36. In fact, Williams is preparing to launch his latest creation, a Custom 36 in the coming weeks. Beautiful Chesapeake Bay Deadrise with a Cummins powerplant.

The Custom 26 is outfitted very much like a Parker 2520 - a simple cuddy with double berth, a head with 20 gal. holding tank, and small galley.

The pilothouse has a helm and companion chair on pedestals, opening front windows, and sliding side windows. The engine box doubles as a Texas Hold'em table, or seat.

The cockpit is open, offering fishing or seating flexibility. A storage box/ bench seat has been built in near the transom.

The powerplant is a Yanmar 4LHA series, 230hp with (2) 50gal tanks for great range. Straight inboard with a 4-blade Black Dog prop. Traditional keel and skeg makes for a pleasant riding vessel in many sea conditions

Hope to catch up with your group at the Blue Angels Airshow in May and partake in other raftups.

Thumbs Up,
Mark

Attachments

• WM26 - stern view.jpg
    WM26 - stern view.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 3,458
Great looking boat!!!!!! I have never heard of Williams before until I saw Judge bought their 36' hull (see here: http://www.judgeyachts.com/boats.htm ). I didnt grow up in the area so that doesnt say much either. As someone who has become a big fan of the Chesapeake style boats, I would love to learn more. What type of performance are you getting? What is the beam? Does it have a full Keel?

B-Faithful,

Having not grown up in Bay country either - I've been taken back with the style of Chesapeake Bay deadrises. Its a style all their own!

The Williams Marine Custom 26 - "possibly soon to be the Judge 26" has a full keel and skeg, carries a beam of 9ft.

I haven't had the boat long enough to gather all the pertinent information, having taken delivery in late November 2005. The delivery cruise from Annapolis to Middle River was delightful despite being cold, with a southeasterly wind stacking up a following sea.

The next time out was a delivery the following weekend to Chestertown, MD. The was December 3, 2005. Another cold, windy day, in fact so windy, most of the water was blown from the rivers and the bay was filled with its short stacked waves.

The cruise up the Chester River proved to be delightful and that provided the opportunity to put the boat through it paces.

I'm looking forward to the cruise down the Chester River next month and having the opportunity to gather fuel burn rates. My understanding is the Yanmar 4LHA (230hp) will burn 5-6 gallons/hr @ cruise being 16-18 knots.

In our shopping, we learned a great deal about deadrises and downeasters. I'd be happy to share the knowledge some weekend!

Back