What is the Correct way of plugging up holes in transom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgevazquez

Reaction score
I going to move my engine bracket up and need to plug up the two lower holes that are under the water line, and make two new ones. What is the correct way to do this? Ive read like 5 different methods some use wood plugs some don't .
My vent plate sits 2-3" below the water. 2000 21SE with a 225 yami 4stroke.

pic two shows the orange circle around the rubber seal that covers the screw for the zink above the prop
pic three orange circle gives you an idea of the the height above water that she rides disregard the guy pointing this is a generic photo from the net.

Attachments

• IMG_6110.PNG
    IMG_6110.PNG
    344.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_6110.PNG
    IMG_6110.PNG
    345.7 KB · Views: 548
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 548
You use the same holes in the boat and just use the lower holes in the motor mount. This moves the motor up, there is no need to drill new holes and plug the old ones.

bigk23surf":3tpcvv9s said:
You use the same holes in the boat and just use the lower holes in the motor mount. This moves the motor up, there is no need to drill new holes and plug the old ones.

Exactly. :idea:

wish it was that easy, its an old hole pattern parker used not your typical pattern. The two bottom slots are maxed out in the up position but the two top one can move up two more holes. ill take a pic tomorrow so you can get a better understanding.

Mine are the same way. I may do the same thing and redrill the bottom holes for next season. Seems like quite a few 21se's have this old hole pattern. Still not sure why they would drill the transom this way. Looking below deck, there's room between the bottom holes and the floor, so it's not a clearance issue. Did you call Parker to find out their rationale?

the guy I spoke to at parker simply said there was two styles of patterns used at the time. Im thinking maybe some of the old 2 stroke brackets were different, its like the coast guard decal on my boat says max HP is a 235 who even makes that.

OMC used to make a 235...

I would fill the holes with a wood dowel or thickened epoxy, grind back the glass on both sides, lay some new glass and then gelcoat.

gw204":tu7ze8ot said:
I would fill the holes with a wood dowel or thickened epoxy, grind back the glass on both sides, lay some new glass and then gelcoat.

^^^ This. :wink:

I have the same problem. Do you have tabs? I am going to add tabs anyway and will wait to see where the motor settles in before drilling new holes and plugging old ones. Just something to consider if you don't already have tabs.

mthomas":38ha4s60 said:
http://www.bobsmachine.com/Convertable-MJ5-25-or-5-setback-manual-jack-plate-200-HP-MAX-100-205000.htm

I have used this on a 23 Intrepid and am very satisfied . And it did make a world of difference with not only the ability to get the motor at right height but the 6 degree wedge helped also.

Hmmmmmmmm? I've seen the non adjustable model...Vey thin......Says MAX 200HP

Back