What is this on 2820 swim platform??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquinnah

Reaction score
Sorry if this has come up before...I am looking at the 2820 pics in Parker catalog and website and see this stainless thingy mounted on the starboard swim platform. I can't find anything in the available options section that seem to apply. Is it a fishing/casting pulpit? Diving accessory? Heated towel warmer? :wink:

Attachments

• BoatImage.jpg
    BoatImage.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 708
Looks to be a rack to hold scuba tanks, tuna tubes, or maybe a livewell ... but even then ... it's not supported near the top.

Whatever it is, it sure looks to be in the WAY of fishing :roll: !

I have those on my boat. I don't think I have any pics of it but they are stainless rails that pop into mounts on the platform. I remove them for traileriing. They are nice because they allow you better access around the motors when fighting fish. Mine are at a height where you can lean on them at about waist high. I can take some pics of them if your still curious, just give me a day or two. Mine were built by a local aftermarket firm and they ran about $1500 installed. Randy.

I can't help but feel I could make some use of it. I'm still curious if it is a factory option and if so, what they call it, and further, if it also works on a 2520 swim platform. Maybe I'll ask Robin...

Back