What new model would you like to see Parker make?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
I would like to see a 28' walkaround cuddy.

If my wife were answering, she would like something with a porcelain, private head.

iow...with a door and no porta potty.

:shock: :lol:

Photoguy":6xuqbyim said:
If my wife were answering, she would like something with a porcelain, private head.

iow...with a door and no porta potty.

:shock: :lol:
I doubt Parker would do it, but something like this old 26' Seaway, lines of the infamous Cuttyhunk 'downeast bass boat' used for stiped (stripah) bass fishing ... not the metallic low-riders now found on most FW lakes, would fit your desires! Think of the classic makes of these models; names like Crosby, Dyer, Fortier, Seaway, and/or Wasque.

With the wide beam and round chines they ran well with the extremely sharp entry, semi-keel, to a running hull that flattended out as one went aft. The Seaways were mostly powered with OBs on the old Gil brackets. Most of the others were inboards. But I think either I/O via a jackshaft to a diesel motor or one of the new pod outdrives would be toot schweet!

timthumb.php

There's a full standup head deep in the forefoot of the bow between the V-berths, which form a berth on either side - see picture below. If you think the Parker 25s are big, this 26' packs even more into it!

1987-seaway-north-star--10.jpg

Ha! Saw a Crosby in Salem harbor when I was out on my break-in ride. Beautiful lines and as we turned our heads we dropped jaws at the beautiful wood transom with the gold leaf name (mahogany?).

Classic.

2120 with an engine bracket and closed transom, and the unlikely possibility of no step down into the cabin ... :?:

I would love to see Parker made something like a Grady White Marlin. 30' Walkaround, raised helm so you have the bunk underneath, stand up head....

Keep putting the Armstrong bracket on there too, so you don't lose 4' due to a Eurotransom.

How about ...

No models with a Euro-transom on them!

A 20' to 22' Dual Console with a deepish vee / dry hull.

Jones Bros. made a narrower (trailerable) 23 ft. center console Cape Fisherman. It takes less power and is somewhat lighter. This would be a very good fishing boat for many of us.

Foggylink Said:
2120 with an engine bracket and closed transom, and the unlikely possibility of no step down into the cabin ...

I agree 100%. The stepdown is what has me looking at boats other than a Parker. I also like an open back on a pilothouse, similar to what Megabyte has.

Dan

Start making the 1700 again. Then sell it with a 90hp and trailer for less than 20k!

DBthal":3kmr2n3i said:
Foggylink Said:
2120 with an engine bracket and closed transom, and the unlikely possibility of no step down into the cabin ...

I agree 100%. The stepdown is what has me looking at boats other than a Parker. I also like an open back on a pilothouse, similar to what Megabyte has.

Dan

Exactly what I am doing. 8)

I almost did a 2120 or 2320 this spring, but the step down is not to my liking.

If the step-down were not there, the pilothouse would be too tall and out of proportion to the rest of the boat.
There are other makes who have a flat floor, Steiger and Judge being two.

Put one of those boats next to a Parker and the difference is obvious.

A full pilothouse version of the walkaround would give the level deck.

A 2510 with full fiberglassed top and open back would be awesome with a single 300hp in 16 degree deadrise for me please.

This is what I want. Pretty much a boat that is already made but I need to do a lot of modifications to make it the boat I want.

23 CC DV or a 25 CC DV

Then build a cabin that is no higher than the top of the gunnel. This cabin only needs come back about 4-6 ft - just so you have some dry storage. Just like some of the old mako boats had

Solid stern with full width bracket

T top Florida style with the rod storage on the sides. I want to be able to stand on top of the console into a belly ring in T top with helm and electronics both up and down to make a tuna tower that is only as high as a normal t top. I have seen these on contenders and sea vee's

Giant live will in the center of the boat at the stern

Two long in the floor fish boxes- one on each side of the console - they don't have to be huge -but big enought to stash a 50 lb hoo or a big kink or a big cobia without having to curl it up.

Latest posts

Back