Where are all the Barnegat Inlet parker owners at?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexm225

Reaction score
Im a new parker owner out of Forked River NJ if your from around this area send a reply i got a few questions for ya.

@Alexm225 What sand bars are you referring to? The ones on the way out that line Double Creek or Oyster Creek channels?...or are you speaking of the shoaling areas outside of the inlet as you head east?-

The channels markers for both the Double Creek and Oyster Creek channels are often out of place ( mother nature/human intervention)-and some areas shoal up after significant weather events- SO- a good bottom machine and and a slow pace are your friends =)

I trailer from Belmar to LEI, only tuna trips out of barnegat so far. I'm hoping the bass we caught last weekend just north of belmar show up in lbi like in the beginning of the this month. I see the manasquan boats are doing well as well as belmar still so maybe next week after the NE blow Lbi will be good. Otherwise I'm still going to belmar till LBI gets more steady.

I haven't gone threw the BI since say late july so I'm not sure how the channel is in the inlet. Heard some new bars showed up...

I go around the monument for everything, I don't use the marked channel as there is a couple of really bad low spots and on an outgoing tide it could be dangerous

I ran out of BI for 12 summers, until 2016. Best bet is to follow the crowd, get a trustworthy breadcrumb trail on your GPS. You will want to find the Cut, from the Dike to the lighthouse, to save some time. Things change out there; it is a dynamic rather than static environment.
Now I’m running out of Shark River, sooo much easier!

The “cut “ starting on the bay side where oyster creek and double creek meet through to the channel in between CG station and the lighthouse is now a marked channel with lots of depth

didn't expect so many people out of Barnegat. im over at sunrise beach. hopefully next season ill see some of you out there.

Back