Where did you mount your Autopilot Compass ? Garmin Reactor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmoore

Reaction score
Just curious what location has worked well for those with pilot house. My Garmin CCU is up in the bow about 2 ft from anchor locker. Has worked great for 6 months until last week. Boat icon is skewed now.Heading is off. Need to re-calibrate, but starting to wonder if it should have been installed so close to anchor ? Installation instructions say to keep away from too much metal, but my installer said that’s usually where they put them on this boat. Just curious if anyway has addressed the same issue with their Autopilot Compass location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put mine ghc10 and my new reactor ccu under the ledge in the cabin behind the engin controls. Needs to be mid ship and away from as much electronics as possible.

Garmin exchanged my 2017 version to their new Reactor 40. Works perfect in same location where previous one was not working well. They added something to the Reactor 40 that makes it less sensitive to magnetic interference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back