Where does this cable run?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
In the process of removing the Lenco trim tabs....

I've run into a mystery.

Look at the picture showing the outside of the ram and where the cable goes through the transom in relation to the scupper and bracket bolts.

lenco1.jpg

Now look from inside the boat...... it does not come through..... it must run inside the transom.... seems like the transom was built around the calbe....... hhhmmmmmm .... any thoughts? And no comments on the dirt please.... I'm in the process of a complete makeover....

lenco2.jpg

Please check my other thread requesting ideas on how to move the boat back on the trailer to allow the port side trim tab to clear the bunck allowing it to be removed.....

Thanks.

Richard

Rich:

See that piece of 'leaf' lying flat against the cockpit floor, up against the transom, just to the right of what appears to be a piece of mono? I bet the cable comes through the floor just below this spot.

You'll need to stick your head in the rear lazerette hatch to make sure. See if it apperas 'high or low' to the floor in that area, as if you did ever go to a Bennett tab, they can make one an inch shorter or longer.

If your 1st picture, the actuator is to the left of the 3rd OB bracket, so it will be to the right when looking from inside. I know you know that ...

Thanks Dale.

The wire is far enough off center there is no way to get a hand on it from the hatch. Also there is not a direct line of sight so even with lights and mirrors I can't see it.

The Bennett ram is shorter and will be well below the floor line but right now I'm thinking of running the hydraulic line through the transom in an easy to get to area and running it on the back of the transom to the ram.

I'm just going to have to cut the wire off... stuff it in and fill in the hole if I can't come up with a better way.

Through the magic of random stretches and contorsions with the digital camera scanning the far reaches of the bilge and other under the deck areas I came up with this.

Here is the transom.

outside.jpg

Here is the wire coming in right under the floor.... the boat was built around the Lenco Trim tabs... try trouble shooting this!

mysterywire.jpg

When I redid the tabs on my 2320 I had the same problem. The cable comes through the transom beneath the floor but the spot where it comes through is not accesible. Nevertheless you can pass the cable through and still fish the cable out into the bilge where you can reach it. The standard size Bennett actuators will work since they are the same size length as the Lenco actuators. Bennett makes a straight nipple which can be attached to the actuator so you don't have to be able to reach the inside of the transom where the cable passes through. This was one of the reasons that I decided to use my Lenco actuators until they died. I am enclosing a picture of the optional upper Lenco actuator bracked which has the same hole pattern as the Bennett actuator. If you use your Lenco actuators with the optional bracket, then you will be able to switch over to the Bennett actuators without having to drill new holes.

I am assuming that you are moving your actuators over in order to place them in the middle of your new wider tabs.

Attachments

• DSC01226.JPG
    DSC01226.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 486
Back