where in baltimore area, if you had a choice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbalser

Reaction score
hello all:

after too many years in new england, I have a good line on a relocation opp in baltimore.

love to get some member's ideas about reasonable places to live in the area.

raising young family, commuting into town, traffic, access to water, etc.

pbalser

1997 1801

thx[/i]

I live in Harford County, town of Fallston. Great area to raise kids, housing can be anywhere from 350,000 to 1.5mm and great schools. There is still some rural feel to the area, most houses have a least 3/4 acre. The town of Bel Air is about 15-20 minutes away which has every store and restaurant know to man kind. I commute to Baltimore which can be a 40 minutes to an hour drive. I keep my boat in a marina in the upper Chesapeake Bay area (1/2 hour from home), fishing is fair in the upper bay much better down south. But we have the Susquhanna River which is only about 35 minutes north, early spring striper fishing can be outstanding. Largemouth, smallmouth bass, white perch and catfish are always biting in the river.

I know there are a few Parkers owners about an hour south of me, maybe they will chime in.

Hi,
First things first. I own a 2007 2120 and live in baltimore county on the east side. Lots of water access. My wife is a real estate agent so she can send you some information on baltimore and Harford county if you would like. Drop me a line.

Depends on where my wife and work as to where I would look if I were starting over.

We live in the Baltimore City- Homeland- nice area, private schools a must . We keep our boat at TriState's storage yard (local Parker dealer) about an hour south of the city. Afflordable storage, good service and convenient lcoation to go south for nicer boating conditions. We prefer Solomons area for boating.

We love our area, houses are nice, commute is easy into city. My kids went to Loyola High School, (all boys) which my wife and I believe was more important than the colleges they are attending.

Let me know if you want more details.

Boating wise I would look to live south of the city to be closer to the better fishing action. There are fish everywhere but really South = Better IMHO.

That way you have a shorter ride to/in/with your boat.Howard and Anne Arundel Co. are both near enough to the city. AA more so to the water. There are probably nice areas in Baltimore Co. too, Im not real familiar though.

Latest posts

Back