where to locate through hull transducer, and what degree

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panga

Reaction score
Looking at upgrading my sonar, to a chirp unit Garmin, with a airmar through hull transducer. I have read a bunch of old threads but havent found a clear answer.

Im wondering best place to drill the hole and what degree offset transducer to use, i think 12 and 20 degree are the options. The boat is a 92 parker 2520 deep v.

thanks

Hey Panga, I just bought a new 2320 Parker Pilot from Starling Marine in Moorehead City. Scott in parts I was told was one of the best on the east coast about these type things. So far he has held true to that I think. He did a through hull transducer for me and I am thinking he could answer your question if no one on here does. Hope that helps!

Panga I got some very helpful advise recently, suggest look at those and those referenced within.

I plan to give a complete report out when I'm done, ducer in fine. Make sure use 3M 4200 regular cure.

Post your dead rise degree and pictures of the hull underside and you will surely get help, now we will know outboard, inboard, clam shells..

I just installed this chirp 12 degree, I have a modified hull
Close to keel it has clean water and works fine at all speeds
it is connected to a simrad nss9 evo2

with a deep V you should use the 20 degree

Attachments

• 20140618_094116.jpg
    20140618_094116.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 222
I installed the airmar B175C-HW this past winter. I have a 2500 CC (21 degree deadrise) Mine is in the same spot as the one pictured in the previous reply but on the Port Side. I got the 20 degree model. just make sure there are no through hull fittings or any other hardware forward of where you are mounting it...to avoid turbulence...Mine is paired with a Garmin 547xs which I plan to upgrade to a larger screen some day, but even as is it shows fish very nicely!!

Note that CHIRP shows fish really well but shows structure only ok....for me it was the fish I wanted to see anyway...and it does that better than I could have hoped for!

Back