Which life raft?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sow&Pigs

Reaction score
I've been wanting to buy a life raft for a long time but I've been putting it off...

A buddy of mine had a VERY close call recently when he hit a submerged container on his way out to fish the Rose and Crown off Nantucket. He was cruising at about 35 knots, and it basically took the bottom foot off his 31' Jupiter from just aft of the bow to the bracket. Peeled away like a sardine can.

He didn't sink and no one was hurt, but the experience scared the hell out of him.

The Rose is not that far off shore, and I've been tempting fate too long.

Any suggestions for a good, affordable 4-person raft?

Thanks.

All the commercial boats I run have them. They are fiberglass shell around foam.

The 4 person or the 6 person will easily fit on the 2530 roof.
The 4 person would be perfect for the 25 XL.

The ultimate safety would be to have a Roe float, an EPIRB, and a survival suit for everyone. I figure you can get all of that for $2500.

Here are the specs

http://www.theroefloat.com/statisticaldata.htm

I have nothing to do with them, I just think they make a great product. just my 2 cents.

There are members here who have valise as well as hydrostatic release type canister rafts. I'm sure you'll get a number of opinions on each type.

If you'd like the opinion of a vendor, give Jim Maier at BOE Marine a call.
866-735-5926
He carries all of the popular brands and has the best prices you'll find anywhere.

The Roe Float looks very interetsing. I'm going to look into it -- just the kind of insurance I'm looking for... and can afford.

Good info -- thanks.

The Roe Float looks very interetsing. I'm going to look into it -- just the kind of insurance I'm looking for... and can afford.

I agree. I like the idea of not repacking and being able to afford an EPIRB and possibly survival suits. Keep us posted. Would love to see better pics of one. Great idea!!!

Back