WHO are these guys patrolling our harbors?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
We saw this UNMARKED patrol craft (pic 1) in Annapolis Harbor over last weekend, after the CP rendezvous. No numbers or any agency identifiers ANYWHERE. Also on that same trip (picture taken from "Ego Alley") we did see marked MD Enviro/Natural Resources Police, MD State Police, Annapolis police, US Navy Shore Patrol boats and even a marked FBI boat - all with hull registration numbers and marked for the agency they belong to.

The "stealth" boat shown (pic 2) was allegedly observed this morning in Boston Harbor ... no ID#s, no uniforms, no markings and it’s been reported that there were THREE of them!

My best bet is that they are TSA VIPR teams ...

Attachments

• Unknown-Patrol-Boat1s.jpg
    Unknown-Patrol-Boat1s.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Unknown-Patrol-Boat2s.jpg
    Unknown-Patrol-Boat2s.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,002
That top boat is fairly new. The aluminum hasn't even developed a patina yet.

I'm wondering how they get away without displaying registration numbers, at the very least.
Heck, even the USCG and the US Navy display registration numbers on all of their boats.

Also wonder what the local law enforcement agencies think of these folks just showing up in and around town?

Saw the bottom boat , or very similar,with two other similarly mysterious boat entering Newport Harbor last Thur (8/15) around 2:00PM. Very ominous looking but we couldn't figure out the origins as there were no visible markings but also no apparent uniforms on the visible passengers-gym shorts/tee shirts etc. Thought perhaps NUWC as they play in the bay at times but these were really unusual. No pics, alas.
Don't know if there was any connection but the small boat forces were participating in machine gun firing (blanks) drills on Tuesday down here-boy does that sound carry across the water!

RumRunner":2nux5tlk said:
Very strange. Who and what are they looking for? I will keep my eyes peeled in my neck of the woods, but I bet they don't show up around Parris Island.

:D

Also, not apparent in the picture, but the surfaces on the lower boat are reminiscent of the 117 and likely designed to provide a minimal radar profile. Very funky looking boat and there were at least the 3 we saw in Newport last week.

Cannot speak for the second one. First and some similar unmarked ones seen before in Boston and nearby few years ago. Police got off each time. Was dual outboard go fast aluminum, did not even have engine cowling marking.

Tax dollars at work, and more in all its transparency!

Elysium":2499p2p3 said:
Saw the bottom boat , or very similar,with two other similarly mysterious boat entering Newport Harbor last Thur (8/15) around 2:00PM. Very ominous looking but we couldn't figure out the origins as there were no visible markings but also no apparent uniforms on the visible passengers-gym shorts/tee shirts etc. Thought perhaps NUWC as they play in the bay at times but these were really unusual. No pics, alas.
Don't know if there was any connection but the small boat forces were participating in machine gun firing (blanks) drills on Tuesday down here-boy does that sound carry across the water!

I was in Newport on the same day and saw the same thing! We went on the Madeleine for a sailing cruise and left right around 2ish. I believe they might be a navy seal team.

Would make more sense for the boats to be assault rather than defensive with the paint schemes, lack of markings and apparent low radar profile configurations. Definitely looked more than a bit out of place entering Newport Harbor on a perfect summer afternoon.
Looking at the picture again it appears that the exhaust may also be underwater to keep down heat signature.

Possibly Scott Browns brother Bruce. Heard he's out on bail and he does like impersonating L.E.

I saw three of the boats on the bottom pic together cruising down the fore river in Quincy , ma. Got out the binoculars, no markings at all and passengers were in casual clothing.
Watched for them to comeback but they did not before it got dark.
Weird.....

Boat 1:
http://www.metalsharkboats.com/
Although, law enforcement boats are not required to have registration numbers on them (at least in my state they are not). Most agencies do put them on, looks like a fairly new boat. They may just be waiting for the vendor to put them on.

Boat 2:

It's used by the US Navy finest and has a lot of different capabilities. Lets just say it's a nice looking boat.

1. Annapolis City Police. They have been out a lot recently stopping everybody, going from boat to boat both in the harbor/Severn and in the bay. Mostly the same boat as the new CG RB-S, different color and motors.

2. Good looking boat. Who built it? USMI, OIW?

We have a boat same as 1st picture on Lake Erie US Boarder Patrol, you have 2 be right beside it to read ID. The boat is used to patrol US/Canadian boarder yes they run drugs across from Canada

Very sure. I'm told they just got letters on the boat...and that's what the warning said at the top that they gave to my buddy.

The stopped to talk to me out at the ships off TPL, and they were coming from the SOUTH. Watched them run past us a few minutes earlier. Weird.

My friend was doing 30+ in the 6 mph zone in front of the harbor and cut across Horne point. He got off easy.

At the ships they stopped and said "hello, how's the fishing" and left.

The coasties have been a real nuisance too.

Latest posts

Back